Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Lineage 2 > Lin2 Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 02:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide]Advanced SystemMsg-e.dat editing

Discussion on [Guide]Advanced SystemMsg-e.dat editing within the Lin2 Guides & Templates forum part of the Lineage 2 category.

Old 08/05/2009, 12:53   #16

elite*gold: 0
same problem here in line 2261 $c1 has given $c2 damage of $s3.\0 when i put $s3 after a it appears my name and not the dmg that i do any help?
Old 08/09/2009, 00:45   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronins View Post
same problem here in line 2261 $c1 has given $c2 damage of $s3.\0 when i put $s3 after a it appears my name and not the dmg that i do any help?
Every server has it's own special way to read those values; try downloading the patch of the sv you play and search which values it uses, then when you modify your own .dat use those

If the system doesn´t have it's own systemmsg-e.dat you'll have to experiment yourself with diferent values until they work
Old 08/09/2009, 20:38   #18

Received Thanks: 2,463
i just wanted to explain how it works maybe its complicated for some1 to understand,but cant do more ... if u like u can always use lineageutils to make the on-screen messages with less effort

cheers
Old 08/30/2009, 20:03   #19

how to make gracia final dmg show on screen? there is $s1 $s2 $s3 i tryed to use them all but no dmg on screen :/ maybe some special code for it ? :/
Old 08/31/2009, 18:06   #20

MK89 read again this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emir0n View Post
On screen messages :

Just like on the scree above,u can see the decrypted SystemMsg-e.dat file.Well lets take an example :

35 1 a,You hit for $s1 damage.\0 3 80 FF 80 FF a, a, 0 0 0 0 0 a, a,damage\0

35 1 a,You hit for $s1 damage.\0 3 80 FF 80 FF a, a, 2 0 3 1 0 a,$s1\0 a,damage\0

Well I dont know what everything is for,but u need to know that : 35 is the ID of the message. "a, *message* .\0 - is the format how the messages that are shown in the message window l2 are shown. the $s1 is the dmg variable got from the client. The next number is 3 - group type,but i dont rly know what its for ... The next 3 numbers/letter is the message RGB color code.U can edit this by hand or just using the Heisers message editor above.U can use this to get the rgb color core . The next letter "a" is for the sound add to each messages. The next one,dont know what is for :P .Ok now we have arived to the numbers that can enable and choose the position of the on-screen message. If u have there a bunch of zeros : 0 0 0 0 0 no message will be shown. The first number defines the position on the screen. Avaible are from 1-8 :
The third and forth number indicate how long will the on-screen message be show till its fades away.U can freely experiment with it,but i dont rly recommend to set it higher then it is.
Those values ur talking about ($s1 $s2 $s3) are the ones that tells u the amount of dmg, not the position. And as i said before, every server uses diferents values to show diferents things, so u will have to experiment with them until it works.

If not u can do what emiron said, use lineageutils since it's less complicated

greetings
Old 09/01/2009, 02:55   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXMenghusXxX View Post
MK89 read again this:

Those values ur talking about ($s1 $s2 $s3) are the ones that tells u the amount of dmg, not the position. And as i said before, every server uses diferents values to show diferents things, so u will have to experiment with them until it works.

If not u can do what emiron said, use lineageutils since it's less complicated

greetings
i get that... i have the problem like I write "$s3 dmg." and only " dmg." apears on screen... tryed $s1 and 2 maybe it's becouse of gracia final dmg text... some ppl above had the same problem that i do :/

p.s and yes i'am using l2utils
Old 09/01/2009, 20:07   #22

I am trying to use lineage utils but every time i start the program i get this error:

Error decoding 'D:\Games\Outlaw\sunrise\system\npcname-e.dat':

Input file: "D:\Games\Outlaw\sunrise\system\npcname-e.dat"
Output file (given or generated): "C:\Documents and Settings\Extrem1st\Local Settings\Temp\tmp72E9.tmp"
I/O file error occured.

Possible reasons: wrong chronicle selected, wrong lineage directory set, file is corrupted.

If anybody have any idea of what might be wrong plss tell me..
Old 09/05/2009, 02:16   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by emir0n View Post
Just like on the scree above,u can see the decrypted SystemMsg-e.dat file.Well lets take an example :

35 1 a,You hit for $s1 damage.\0 3 80 FF 80 FF a, a, 0 0 0 0 0 a, a,damage\0
first for the whole RGBA thing (red font) it's red, green, blue, alpha - alpha is transparency, but i don't think it is supported, so no matter what would be the fouth value it will be ignored. It is widely used in 3d modeling :P

As for the on screen message, i found this link usefull:

So we can't have dmg on screen :P

I've already tested it and only variable implemented is name of attacker ($s2). Every other is ignored

Now i need some insight into those 5 values describing on screen message. First one is positon? but what is 5th and 2nd used for?
Old 10/20/2009, 15:50   #24

ty 4 the info man but i have a prob i can change the color but i cant set ti to desplay on screen what am i doing wrong??????? ty in advance
Old 12/10/2009, 17:34   #25

someone can give a "already-done" file for rpg-club.com? thanks in advance
Old 02/25/2010, 02:07   #26

Hello, I'm new here and new at editing
I try to edit system messages with Heiser's utility and i get this error when i load the messages file

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\Users\user\Desktop\L2 mods\systemmsg_editor\systemmsg_editor\dis-dec-systemmsg-e.dat".
File name: "C:\Users\user\Desktop\L2 mods\systemmsg_editor\systemmsg_editor\dis-dec-systemmsg-e.dat"
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at System.IO.File.OpenText(String path)
at L2_modder.Form1.mnuLoadMessages_Click_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2443
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
L2 modder
Assembly Version: 1.0.2699.19244
Win32 Version: 1.0.2699.19244
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/L2%20mods/systemmsg_editor/systemmsg_editor/L2%20modder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2443
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 7.10.6001.4
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.visualbasic/7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/microsoft.visualbasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Please someone any ideas?
Old 02/25/2010, 16:24   #27

hello, as I do to show on my screen only magic critical hit's? only the text "magic critical hit"?
its posible? thx
Old 03/14/2010, 15:33   #28

bleh on gracia final i see only my nick instead of dmg on screen ;/ what i do wrong?
Old 05/28/2010, 22:05   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4h View Post
someone can give a "already-done" file for rpg-club.com? thanks in advance
up
Old 05/29/2010, 19:19   #30

hi guys and nice guide.
can anyone tell me what i have to do to have only my name underlined?
or uploading a systemmnsg-e with this modification?