Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 12:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE] League of Legends Mobile Chat

Discussion on [RELEASE] League of Legends Mobile Chat within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb [RELEASE] League of Legends Mobile Chat

Hey guys, I’ve seen a few posts requesting this and it’s something I wanted myself, so I made it! This is a fully functional League of Legends Chat client for Android. It’s open source, so you can compile it yourself and install if you like, or if you want something easy (and want to buy me a redbull), you can just install the donate version from the Android Market.

You can get it from the Android Market by searching for "lol chat", or here is a link for the Android Market:

You can get the source code here:

If you have questions or comments, please send them via github.

Currently you need to have Android 2.1 or greater. I can make it support back to 1.5 but it would take a little time. So if there is a large request for that I’ll do it. Most people are beyond that though.

It’s localized to 10 languages right now; English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portegeese, Russian, Swedish, Chianese, Thai. If you want your language to be included, let me know and I’ll get it added.

I’m also working on an iOS version, but Apple only allows 3 kinds of apps to run in the background; VoIP, media, location. The list doesn't include Chat so it would not work as well as the Android version, but it would still be nice to have.

I am not affiliated with Riot Games or League of Legends. I just love the game and I love to write code. This app is the culmination of the two.

DEUTSCH (Danke %G4ME%):
Hey, ich habe gesehen, dass ein paar einen League of Legends Handy chat wollen, und da ich es auch gerne hätte, hab ich einen gemacht. Das ist ein komplett funktionsfähiger Chat Client für Android. Es ist open source, somit könnt ihr es selbst compilen und installieren oder ihr nehmt den einfachen weg und installiert die donate version im Android Market.

Du findest die App im Android Market wenn du nach "lol chat" suchst oder durch den folgenden Link:

Den Sourcecode bekommt ihr von hier:

Falls ihr Fragen oder Kommentare habt schickt sie mir via github.

Zurzeit braucht ihr Android 2.1 oder höher. Ich kann es kompatibel mit 1.5 machen aber das bräuchte etwas Zeit. Wenn es einen großen Bedarf gibt werde ich es machen. Die meisten sind aber darüber hinaus.
Es gibt bis jetzt 10 Sprachen; Englisch, Deutsch, Spanisch, Französisch, Italienisch, Protugisisch, Russich, Schwedisch, Chinesisch, Thailändisch. Wenn du willst, dass deine Sprache hinzugefügt lass es mich wissen und ich werde dies tun.

Desweiteren arbeite ich an einer iOS version aber Apple erlaubt nur 3 Arten von Apps die im Hintergrund laufen; VoiP, Median und Standorte. Die Liste enthält keine Chat also wird sie nicht gut wie die Android Version arbeiten aber es wäre schön sie zu haben.

Ich gehöre weder zu Riot Games noch zu League of Legends. Ich liebe einfach nur das Spiel und ich liebe es zu programmieren.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 08/19/2011, 21:58   #2

elite*gold: 4
U sell it for 1,39 € but give the sourcecode for free? I dont get it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/19/2011, 22:01   #3

The version in the market is a donate version. It's easier to install and update than downloading the source, compiling an android app, then pushing it to your phone/tablet
Old 08/19/2011, 23:01   #4

elite*gold: 60
can you explain in german what it does?
Old 08/19/2011, 23:16   #5

elite*gold: 4
Das ist einfach der LoL Chat Service fürs Handy.
Old 08/22/2011, 16:22   #6

Big update, added statistics for users, the champion they are playing if they are in a game and the time they have spent in the game.
Old 08/22/2011, 18:40   #7

elite*gold: 100
Can you code an iphone Version?
Old 08/22/2011, 18:56   #8

Hört sich alles ganz gut an, werd ich bestimmt mal demnächst ausprobieren, falls ich es kompiliert bekomme

Aufjedenfall ein Thanks für die ganze Arbeit

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janji View Post
Can you code an iphone Version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robisaks View Post
I’m also working on an iOS version, but Apple only allows 3 kinds of apps to run in the background; VoIP, media, location. The list doesn't include Chat so it would not work as well as the Android version, but it would still be nice to have.
Old 08/22/2011, 19:22   #9

elite*gold: 100
Oh dont read it^^
Old 08/22/2011, 20:30   #10

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
DEUTSCH (Danke %G4ME%):

Desweiteren arbeite ich an einer iOS version aber Apple erlaubt nur 3 Arten von Apps die im Hintergrund laufen; VoiP, Median und Standorte. Die Liste enthält keine Chat also wird sie nicht gut wie die Android Version arbeiten aber es wäre schön sie zu haben.
Put it on Cydia then instead of Appstore.
Old 08/22/2011, 20:47   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by En-Trap View Post
Put it on Cydia then instead of Appstore.
Does cydia charge to host apps? I don't think they do, thats a good idea.
Old 08/22/2011, 22:22   #12

Quote:
Does cydia charge to host apps? I don't think they do, thats a good idea.
Don't know, but I don't think so, because you could add your own source there to download it.

Check here:
Old 08/22/2011, 22:28   #13

Quote:
Don't know, but I don't think so, because you could add your own source there to download it.

Check here:
Awesome, thanks for the info! I've started the iOS app, might be a few weeks before its ready for testing.
Old 08/22/2011, 23:23   #14

No problem mate, we have to thank you for putting your effort into programming it. I would like to test, but don't have much friends to talk on LoL yet lol.
Old 08/22/2011, 23:28   #15

Quote:

Check here:
Quote:
No problem mate, we have to thank you for putting your effort into programming it. I would like to test, but don't have much friends to talk on LoL yet lol.
If you play on NA servers, you can add me The17