Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to win every game? I show you!

Discussion on How to win every game? I show you! within the League of Legends Guides & Strategies forum part of the League of Legends category.

Old   #1
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: LOCKED
Arrow How to win every game? I show you!

This is going to be a long post. It's a comprehensive guide on how to turn yourself into a Challenger quality player.
The truth is, becoming a better player is simple, but it's not easy. It's like lifting an engine block out of a car: simple, but not easy.
To start off, there's an elephant in the room we need to acknowledge, and there are two processes that you need to be aware of and leveraging.
The Elephant: Three Types of Games
League of Legends is a team game. Due to the nature of team games, the outcome of individual games is not always under your control.
There are, in fact, three types of games:

Type 1: Games You Cannot Lose:
Sometimes, no matter how badly you play (or if you even play at all), you will win. Your teammates will do so well (or your opponents will do so badly) that you are irrelevant.
The best example of this from my own match history: When I was a Wood V scrub, I was in a game with two dc's. It was 3v5, and I was completely clueless about the game, so I was useless. The other two member of the team were duo queue platinum smurfs. The first guy was a Teemo, and he 1v5'd the enemy team. I mean, he had like 50 kills by the end of the game. His partner, a Tryndamere, pushed towers all game. I was Master Yi, and I copied the Tryndamere. I just pushed all game, and watched in awe as Teemo rekt faces.
My impact that game was irrelevant. If I had dc'd or gone afk, I still would have won. The only way I could have lost that game was if I intentionally fed the enemy team and tried to lose. That's it. And you know what? I don't think it would have mattered to Teemo and Tryndamere one way or the other if I had fed.
Some games you just can't lose.

Type 2: Games You Cannot Win:
This is the largest percentage of games, and the reason why League of Legends is fun. Some people say the percentage between the three types is 25-25-50, or 33-33-33, or 10-10-80. The actual number doesn't matter, but converting Type 3 games into wins is the way to climb the ladder. God normally wins Type 3 Games, that's why people call him Faker.
How to Win Type 3 Games: Consistency, Consistency, Consistency
Now we get to the meat of the guide. There are two things you need to know:
The first is the Inchworm Concept. The second is the competency model.
The Inchworm Concept is best explained in the article I linked. But the TL;DR version is:
This Graph
The goal is to move the Bell Curve as Far to the right as you can. To do that, you need to eliminate your Terrible C-Game, and study to improve Your Best A-game.
The competency model states that there are four stages of competence.

Stage 1: Unconscious Incompetence:
At this stage you are making mistakes, but you don't recognize them. This is a state of complete ignorance. This is your Terrible C-game
Stage 2: Conscious Incompetence:
At this stage you are aware that you are making mistakes, and you have identified the solution to the mistake, but you have not as yet been able to implement the solution reliably.
Going from stage 1 to stage 2 is simple and easy. All you need to do is watch the excellent UNSW LoL Soc videos on youtube and record your games. That's it.

Stage 3: Conscious Competence:
At this stage you are mindful and focusing on avoiding the mistakes. You generally avoid the mistake, but sometimes slip up if you aren't thinking about it.
Transitioning from stage 2 to stage 3 is simple, but it's not easy. This is what takes the most "effort" to do. This is a grind. But if you're willing to endure the grind, this is where you'll make the biggest gains. I'll outline the simple grinding process you'll want to follow later in the guide

Stage 4: Unconscious Competence:
At this stage you are no longer actively thinking about avoiding the mistake. Avoiding it has become a natural part of your decision making process. This is the reward for all of your effort and your Elo will rise naturally because of it.
So, our goals here are two-fold. First, to eliminate your Terrible C-game, by increasing competency from stage 1 to stage 4. Second, to improve Your Best A-Game by studying and experimenting.
The Grind: How to Go From Stage 2 to Stage 4

Go to your desktop, and find your League of Legends Launcher Shortcut. Create a new folder, called "Record the Game". Place the LoL shortcut in the new folder.
Create a new folder, called "Replays". Put the "Record the Game" folder inside the "Replays" Folder.
Create a new folder, called "League of Legends". Put the "Replays" folder inside the "League of Legends" folder.

So, you want to play League of Legends? You have to go into the League of Legends folder. Then you have to click on the replays folder. Then you have to click on the "Record the Game" folder. Then you have to click on the Launcher.
Savvy?
Here's what you're going to do. You're going to record your games, and keep the last 5 games you played in the "Replays" folder. And your going to watch your last five games, from oldest to newest, before you play another game.
When you watch your replays, take notes on your Terrible C-game. How can you find your Terrible C-game? Simple. Riot, in their infinite wisdom, have given you 5 experts in every game that will cheerfully show you your C-game. These are your opponents, and their lessons are your deaths. Every time you die, make a note of why you died. What was the error in your decision making or error in micro play, that lead to your death. Then, think of something you could have done to prevent the death. Write it down.
This is "The Grind". Have you done The Grind? Good, now you can play a new game of ranked. Win, or Lose, the outcome doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that you record the game, and repeat The Grind before your next game.
Do this, and you will become the next League God (AKA Faker).
But That's A Lot of Work, and It's Boring
Yeah. It's simple, it's not easy. But, it's not hopeless either. Let's talk about ways to make The Grind more enjoyable.
Gold and Lower: Screw Team Comp, Screw Your Teammates, Master a Role, Master a Champion.
Go to Bestbans.com. Find your ranked tier. Pick one champion from your main role, and one champion from your off role. Go down the list, from highest impact to lowest impact, looking for the one champion that you would have fun playing for the next 200 games. It doesn't matter if the champion you enjoy playing is at the bottom of the list. What matters is that you make the grind more enjoyable (for now).
So, you have your champion(s). Next, go to champion.gg, find your two champions and create two rune pages and two mastery pages based on the highest win rate builds. Copy the highest win rate item builds also.
This is not optimal. But below Platinum, these choices are largely irrelevant. Take the same runes, the same masteries, and the same items every game. Yes, you're going to buy magic resist versus an all AD comp. Who gives a shit? That's B-game stuff, baby, and you're grinding out your Terrible C-game right now.
But, but that's terrible advice and I'll Lose Games
Yeah, but not a significant number. The important thing is that it frees up mental capacity to improve your Terrible C-game, which is the biggest factor in why you're losing at this tier.
But, but Last Game I Didn't Have Any Deaths
Cool, so your terrible C-game wasn't dying. What else did you screw up? Is your CS shit? Did you miss an opportunity to secure an objective? Did you waste a lot of time? Did you blow your summoner spells without taking an objective? Did you waste your ultimate before an important team fight? Did you engage a bad team fight? Did you get caught out of position? Where did you give up map pressure?
These problems are your new Terrible C-game. Congratulations, you're a much better player now.
Keep Grinding.
But, but I've played this champion for 200 games, and I'm no longer having fun
Go back to Bestbans.com and pick a secondary champion. Make sure to play a game on your first champ every day, but spam the new champion the rest of the time. Congratulations, your champion pool is increasing!
Platinum and Above: Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
You're pretty good at the game. But other people are better. Time to steal from them.
During your replays, identify the reason the other team won. What did they do right? Steal it. Make it your own. Theorycraft a counter to it.
Is the game stale? Time to experiment. Try shit that you think is garbage, have fun and fail gloriously. Do things you're pretty sure are bad, and see what happens.
You need to develop the ability to think two or three moves ahead of your opponent and force them into making bad decisions. This is where you're making bigger gains by improving Your Best A-game. Spend some time every day researching builds from pro players, watching challenger level streams, etcetra.
Best of luck.

Huh i did write a lot..If you liked it you can Thanks
Thanks
35 Users
Old 07/07/2016, 19:12   #2

elite*gold: 0
Thank you I'm somewhat stuck in low diamond ATM and will start paying more attention to my replays.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/07/2016, 20:28   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBN View Post
...You're going to record your games, and keep the last 5 games you played in the "Replays" folder. And your going to watch your last five games, from oldest to newest, before you play another game.
Thank you for the useful tips and tricks
Any way to record games while I am playing ?
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/08/2016, 03:05   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkt91 View Post
Thank you for the useful tips and tricks
Any way to record games while I am playing ?
There are several ways, what I recommend you is Baron Replays.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2016, 06:50   #5

hope I can get rid of the rank of gold elo hell with your share
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2016, 07:06   #6

elite*gold: 29
The Black Market: 388/0/0
This information can be very useful for the beginners
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/10/2016, 17:10   #7
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: LOCKED
Thanks for the Support Guys!
Old 07/11/2016, 22:06   #8

elite*gold: 16
I'll be honest i find this long thread pointless. I could sum up the whole in 2 words : stop feeding . (hehe jk)

Seriously though, LoL is not for everyone to be played on higher levels. You need a basic game intelligence to actually be successful in league , and tons of people just lacks it. Of course you can replay your games and see what you did wrong (i'm not saying it's a bad thing) but most of the people will keep making the same mistakes again and again .

How to get to higher divs then ?

Start using your brain in your games, help other lanes instead of writing a negative comment , main 2-3 champs that are in the meta and use those. If you are confident with the meta champs, you can move on to the champs you like and might not be the best in the current meta. Your reflex and skillshots will improve by playing a lot , even bronze5 will improve , but it's not the main issue which causes you to lose games. Think 2-3 steps ahead and you will be fine. Oh & do not overextend . [<- most common mistake that possibly causes you to lose the game.]

Thanks for your time to write the post tho.

P.S my div is D1.
Old 07/12/2016, 03:14   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineForbes View Post
I'll be honest i find this long thread pointless. I could sum up the whole in 2 words : stop feeding . (hehe jk)

Seriously though, LoL is not for everyone to be played on higher levels. You need a basic game intelligence to actually be successful in league , and tons of people just lacks it. Of course you can replay your games and see what you did wrong (i'm not saying it's a bad thing) but most of the people will keep making the same mistakes again and again .

How to get to higher divs then ?

Start using your brain in your games, help other lanes instead of writing a negative comment , main 2-3 champs that are in the meta and use those. If you are confident with the meta champs, you can move on to the champs you like and might not be the best in the current meta. Your reflex and skillshots will improve by playing a lot , even bronze5 will improve , but it's not the main issue which causes you to lose games. Think 2-3 steps ahead and you will be fine. Oh & do not overextend . [<- most common mistake that possibly causes you to lose the game.]

Thanks for your time to write the post tho.

P.S my div is D1.
This ^
Back in time I was stuck in Dia 5 - Dia IV and I just couldn't climb no matter what I do. Then I noticed that Im dead for the most of the time for no reason and that I just gifted them a 300g in a TF and calling "worth". Well it wasn't since you have to always think 2-3 steps ahead as you said.
To sum up, Stop dying and think ahead.
Old 07/26/2016, 05:43   #10
Trade Restricted

You're guide is awesome, i start to watch my replay. !
Old 07/30/2016, 17:59   #11

What should we analize after match? Mistakes? Like what? Btw if u play in premade u have better winrate!
Old 08/04/2016, 14:35   #12

Nice Guide
Old 08/14/2016, 00:54   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonEye View Post
What should we analize after match? Mistakes? Like what? Btw if u play in premade u have better winrate!

Playing in premades surely increases winrate , but in the long run you won't develop as much as you'd do in solo , always make time for solo gaming if you want to get higher.
Old 08/14/2016, 12:19   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineForbes View Post
Playing in premades surely increases winrate , but in the long run you won't develop as much as you'd do in solo , always make time for solo gaming if you want to get higher.
I have noone to play with, but im still in Silver. (its my 3d season)
Old 08/14/2016, 12:25   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonEye View Post
I have noone to play with, but im still in Silver. (its my 3d season)
Some tips for you then
-> Always ward your lane , if you are pushing , EXPECT to get ganked.
-> Pick champions who have mobility , and escape spell
-> Mobility champs = ganking, roaming other lanes -> Winning their lanes
-> Get builds, runes (some of them are not for low elo tho) masteries from probuilds.net (or .com i can't remember)
-> Check your minimap every 5seconds (pros say you shold do it every 2-3seconds)
-> Assist your team, roam , gank
-> Lategame -> Try to focus their carries , if you are support , defend your carries , dont go in without brain
-> Save your flash , don't waste if you are dead anyways . OR flash before the trouble starts , so you wont die for sure.
- > Play meta champs , tournaments are not ideal to watch (based on what to pick) they are playing teamcomps, not soloq champs
-> Watch videos of pros
-> PRACTICE a lot
Thanks
1 User