Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Last Chaos
You last visited: Today at 07:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Episode 1 Emulator Project

Discussion on Episode 1 Emulator Project within the Last Chaos forum part of the MMORPGs category.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About An Episode 1 Emulator?
Yes, we could use one. 42 65.63%
No, I like newer episodes. 22 34.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01/23/2015, 07:44   #16

elite*gold: 0
with the source some people with high skill can make more sieges (example : juno , eghea , ...)
Old 01/23/2015, 11:37   #17

elite*gold: 5493
First of all, why an Emulator?
Arent you able to Compile the Source or dont you trust Official Code?
It would just take too long for nothing.

I was planing with Damona to code on the Source and we did it, but now the 2014 Source (Server) is public and i see no point to Continue the hard work like Fixxing all the Bugs and implement a Custom Interface new Functions understand the Animations to fix the NS and such all these things.
Espacially the Effects was a massive problem till i figured out how it works.

So i dont see any reason why to put so much effort in something that no one will play.
Old 01/23/2015, 19:09   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaGuy View Post
With how many players that left official servers during the debut of Episode 2. There was so many players that left the game to the point where Aeria Games had to close the game after dramatic measures such as merging servers in attempt to keep the servers alive. There is quite a large pool of people that who if ever came across a server that replicated Aeria Games back in its Episode 1 infancy would pull the trigger on trying the game out. Especially with the ability of pushing the game to the public as a near official server. As it's extremely hard for official publishers to shut down a project based on your own intellectual property. The only viable threat from Gamigo would be use of protocol but they have no power in international waters so it doesn't really seam as an issue.

They don't play anything because they lost interest in MMORPG gaming after the game they were hooked on for many years essentially morphed into something else. As outlined above there is easily 1/10 old school players that would pull the trigger on what would be the single most popular private server that replicates the era of the game that they love.

To clarify further the project won't be for me to setup a server as I have no interest in doing so. The server files will be licensed out to people who wish to run one at a cost or they will be published to the open public free of charge. The project is more of a learning experience for me rather than looking to create the next best server which case it will undoubtedly.
So your idea to get back people into a server they enjoy is to have multiple servers of it running?
What?
You do realize that's the reason LC is in these conditions right?
Old 01/23/2015, 21:09   #19

I think you could try to run that Project, maybe some Players like me would enjoy a Server like that, which is Oldschool based.

You got my Vote !
Old 01/23/2015, 21:13   #20

I would like to play on a ep 1 server good old times
Old 01/23/2015, 22:23   #21

elite*gold: 2470
Received Thanks: 5,444
Quote:
The community hasn't changed at all. There are more old school players out there that quit LastChaos back in 2009 and haven't touched the game since (I was one of them) than there are active among the community. [...]
This is likely an era of the game that you [...] have never got a chance to truly experience as there is no server in existence like it since 2008. The time is never over for a classic.
And how do you suggest we reach out for them? The community of a game is defined by its active players or "developers" (which means everyone involved in experimenting with the files), in conclusion your statement is wrong. I'm also not seeing "thousands of inactive players dying" for a proper EP1 Server, that's just made up.

No need to get personal, I don't think you're in any position to judge my knowledge of the game as a player (no, my registration date on elitepvpers is not even remotely close to when I started playing LC, so keep your assumptions to yourself).
I actually agreed with you on which period of time was the best for LC, I just don't think you or anyone else is able to bring that unique feeling back to life.
Old 01/24/2015, 07:21   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarissuis View Post
And how do you suggest we reach out for them? The community of a game is defined by its active players or "developers" (which means everyone involved in experimenting with the files), in conclusion your statement is wrong. I'm also not seeing "thousands of inactive players dying" for a proper EP1 Server, that's just made up.

No need to get personal, I don't think you're in any position to judge my knowledge of the game as a player (no, my registration date on elitepvpers is not even remotely close to when I started playing LC, so keep your assumptions to yourself).
I actually agreed with you on which period of time was the best for LC, I just don't think you or anyone else is able to bring that unique feeling back to life.
Just because people haven't touched LC doesn't mean they aren't still actively involved with what's happening with the game, private servers included. Nor has any private server reached out far enough to draw in a crowd. Advertising for private servers has always been a joke with EPvP being one of the most trafficked site for advertising when in fact EPvP is the worst place for advertising a server due to such a small community base. With a near official server anyone can push advertisements to Google, other game communities, and several other places. Advertising is not hard it's just something that every server owner lacks.

I'm not getting personal if you perceived it as such then I would strongly try to better translate it to your native language in case of misinterpreting it as so. What makes you think not a single person in this world can restore Episode 1 to its former glory? Emulating a game such as this isn't that hard and pushing hard advertising (since the server would be immune to legal actions) would drive a large player base to the server. As long as it is well maintained with updates and fixes it has the potential of being the best private server that has and will ever exist.
Old 01/24/2015, 18:58   #23

Quote:
Just because people haven't touched LC doesn't mean they aren't still actively involved with what's happening with the game, private servers included. Nor has any private server reached out far enough to draw in a crowd. Advertising for private servers has always been a joke with EPvP being one of the most trafficked site for advertising when in fact EPvP is the worst place for advertising a server due to such a small community base. With a near official server anyone can push advertisements to Google, other game communities, and several other places. Advertising is not hard it's just something that every server owner lacks.

I'm not getting personal if you perceived it as such then I would strongly try to better translate it to your native language in case of misinterpreting it as so. What makes you think not a single person in this world can restore Episode 1 to its former glory? Emulating a game such as this isn't that hard and pushing hard advertising (since the server would be immune to legal actions) would drive a large player base to the server. As long as it is well maintained with updates and fixes it has the potential of being the best private server that has and will ever exist.

Updates and fixes? If you update things it will not stay the same EP1 LC.

Regardless you are missing the entire point that there is no secret silent thousands of LC fans waiting for something like this. Some would try it for nostalgia sake then realize how sucky it really was and quit. LC hasn't aged well, and EP1 certainly hasn't either.

As said many times, EP1 was good because of the community. LC has always been defined by how active their communities are. It was only fun because it hit the sweet spot of having lots of players while keeping low enough to have a sense of identity. No new server is going to suddenly get more players than even official server. Its just common sense for anyone who actually played Ep1 actively and maintained a top presence in it. It sucked for what it was but was made by its community.
Old 01/28/2015, 08:39   #24

Im pretty sure that there are plenty of players who would love server like this. The point is we jst need to let them know, not every LC player is sitting on epvprs. Ep1 was and always will be the best LC, started playing LC in 2006 (LC MY, USA KATAR, AUZURA, 777, Destiny) and know almost always bout LC. I was quiting so many times... but i always got that nostalgic feeling when thinking about ep1, we LC players definitly needs this back, whoever says otherwise is not a true LC player.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/29/2015, 15:34   #25

Currently 3 friends and I are playing on a EP1 server and enjoying it.
We'd love to see and test an EP1 emulator.
What are the advantages besides legallity?
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/29/2015, 19:29   #26

elite*gold: 5493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbinsnich View Post
Currently 3 friends and I are playing on a EP1 server and enjoying it.
We'd love to see and test an EP1 emulator.
What are the advantages besides legallity?
You dont have to worry about Legal issues.
Old 01/29/2015, 23:39   #27

elite*gold: 388
The Black Market: 214/0/0
Received Thanks: 6,768
If you will do a classic EP1 Server i will definetely play on this one.

I didn't touched LastChaos since 1 year, but a project like this will get me back. :P
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/30/2015, 01:06   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Flower'_ View Post
If you will do a classic EP1 Server i will definetely play on this one.

I didn't touched LastChaos since 1 year, but a project like this will get me back. :P
Im pretty sure that there are many more ppl like you. Cant it be done on modded EP2 files with jst EP1 content?
Old 01/30/2015, 02:23   #29

elite*gold: 388
The Black Market: 214/0/0
Received Thanks: 6,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by diblos View Post
Im pretty sure that there are many more ppl like you. Cant it be done on modded EP2 files with jst EP1 content?
Nice to see that there are other people with the same mind like me.
Maybe not all guys out there will find this thread, but i wish that every one spread out this thread to reactivate "old" players.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/30/2015, 05:19   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Flower'_ View Post
Nice to see that there are other people with the same mind like me.
Maybe not all guys out there will find this thread, but i wish that every one spread out this thread to reactivate "old" players.
Yea, thats the biggest issue. Im sure that the EP1 players are out there and willing to play, the question is where to find them. I think we should spread the thread out to let other old school LC players know, so they can join and help the project. EP1 with maybe some EP2 features is the way to go.
Thanks
1 User