Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Last Chaos > Last Chaos Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Havoc Games EU - News & Polls

Discussion on Havoc Games EU - News & Polls within the Last Chaos Private Server forum part of the Last Chaos category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Havoc Games EU - News & Polls

LC Community,

After I had finally finished my server "LC - Transience of Time" I was not quite satisfied with the used and unused potential of LastChaos. What I actually did was to build a mirror of the official LC in time lapse mode, what basically is what I intended. However, I was looking for something new. I already had many perceptions of custom features, but all of them would partly destroy the basic idea of the server.

What is the consequence?
I have formed a very heterogenous team to dicuss my main concern and how to together solve it.
The whole thing currently includes 13 people who come from Germany, France, Spain and the UK. Not all of them are used to LC or even have ever played the game but that was no factor for our work.

What is the Solution?
We have talked about typical MMOs features for a long time, but what really attracted our attention was something nontypical what we call "Gaming Bridges". To realize these Gaming Bridges we have decided to found a gaming network with the name "Havoc Games EU". This Network is under construction now.

What are "Gaming Bridges"?
Here is the point! To improve a player's satisfaction we don't want to flood the game with tons of custom features. Instead, LC has to become a part of something bigger. Something like one part of a multiverse. This means that our Network will include more than just one game. All of our games will provide bridges to the other ones that allow our players to actively affect the happenings in each game. Our Games will be LastChaos-Transience of Time, LastChaos2, Aion and 4Story.
Let's have an example: If in Aion the Balaur control most of the abyss, the Balaur might let spawn a rift between LC2 and Aion. Through that rift could either come Balaur that attack the people of LC (and bring equipment from Aion) or suck monsters out the world of LC.

We are currently planning tons of such influences.

You are talking about LastChaos2, what is that?
Last Chaos 2 will be an alternative version of LC. We are working on it with high pressure, but it is still under development.
However, let me name a few of its features:
- No Levels (Char development only with skills and equipment)
- No archetypes (Possibilty for every class to fit in any role, like a Caster-knight or a Healer-titan)
- New skillsystem with 3 Tiers (Magic, Fighting and Heal) provides the possibility to build your own class
- skillpoint gain is not dependent on the monsters level any longer (you get full SP even if the monster is 50 lvls above or below yours)
- All item and equipment drops are class-specific (Titan will only drop titan armor etc)
- Full dropchance no matter what lvl the monster has
- Gear-sharing (both sorcerer and titan can wear a scythe, mage can wear a sword etc...)
- 3 Chapters that every Char goes trough (Chapter I: Mighty Mist, Chapter II: Smelting Sand, Chapter III: New Age

Now, I'd like to ask for feedback and suggestions for possible bridges and features of LC2. This post is still under construction and I will always tell you guys about our latest achievements!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/26/2013, 05:41   #2

This Idea is too great for development. I donīt think its possible :-)
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/26/2013, 09:05   #3

As interesting its is.. I dont think you have even got a chance to realize that w/othe LC gameServersource.. and even if u got.. its too hard I guess
Old 05/26/2013, 12:32   #4

- No Levels (Char development only with skills and equipment) 100% Done.
- No archetypes (Possibilty for every class to fit in any role, like a Caster-knight or a Healer-titan) 90% Done.
- New skillsystem with 3 Tiers (Magic, Fighting and Heal) provides the possibility to build your own class 10% Done.
- skillpoint gain is not dependent on the monsters level any longer (you get full SP even if the monster is 50 lvls above or below yours) 100% Done.
- All item and equipment drops are class-specific (Titan will only drop titan armor etc) 35% Done.
- Full dropchance no matter what lvl the monster has 100% Done.
- Gear-sharing (both sorcerer and titan can wear a scythe, mage can wear a sword etc...) 0% Done.
- 3 Chapters that every Char goes trough (Chapter I: Mighty Mist, Chapter II: Smelting Sand, Chapter III: New Age 15% Done.

As the one who's responsible for both LC Games, I can tell it's possiblie for us to realize what we have planned, otherwise we wouldn't have planned it.
Old 05/26/2013, 12:48   #5

Well thoose are the easy ones..
Old 05/26/2013, 13:14   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senfo View Post
Well thoose are the easy ones..
so which ones do you mean?
We have a scripter who writes the bridge scripts. I'm not used to it.
Old 05/26/2013, 15:27   #7

Received Thanks: 1,273
Contact me on skype: silentsolution

Maybe i can help you with that great idea.

Solution.?
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/26/2013, 20:41   #8

elite*gold: 2470
Received Thanks: 5,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by dateone View Post
- No Levels (Char development only with skills and equipment) 100% Done.
- No archetypes (Possibilty for every class to fit in any role, like a Caster-knight or a Healer-titan) 90% Done.
- New skillsystem with 3 Tiers (Magic, Fighting and Heal) provides the possibility to build your own class 10% Done.
- skillpoint gain is not dependent on the monsters level any longer (you get full SP even if the monster is 50 lvls above or below yours) 100% Done.
- All item and equipment drops are class-specific (Titan will only drop titan armor etc) 35% Done.
- Full dropchance no matter what lvl the monster has 100% Done.
- Gear-sharing (both sorcerer and titan can wear a scythe, mage can wear a sword etc...) 0% Done.
- 3 Chapters that every Char goes trough (Chapter I: Mighty Mist, Chapter II: Smelting Sand, Chapter III: New Age 15% Done.

As the one who's responsible for both LC Games, I can tell it's possiblie for us to realize what we have planned, otherwise we wouldn't have planned it.
I personally think this is impossible to do directly, the only thing you can do is hand armor out via quest, this way you only get to choose your classes equipment.

Extremely hard and lots of work since you need to rework all the models and animation files.

By the way, if a Titan is able to wear a scythe, why shouldn't he be able to drop it by himself? Doesn't make any sense to me...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/26/2013, 22:14   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarissuis View Post
I personally think this is impossible to do directly, the only thing you can do is hand armor out via quest, this way you only get to choose your classes equipment.

Extremely hard and lots of work since you need to rework all the models and animation files.

By the way, if a Titan is able to wear a scythe, why shouldn't he be able to drop it by himself? Doesn't make any sense to me...
I should have been more specific with that, so let me explain.

There is a table in the database called "t_npc_dropjob". There you can set each monsters drop for a certain class.

We didn't plan to make every weapon suitable for each class, but since there will be the possibility to build your own class, physical characters have to get access to magical weapons and the other way round. It wasn't that hard to make a one-handed sword usable for a mage, just for instance. There are always animations to find that fit.

The titan will be able to drop a scythe by himself, but the titan version of it. There will probably be 3 versions of a scythe. One for the titan, one for the knight and one for the sorcerer, of course.

If you still didn't get me, please just ask. I'll try to answer all your questions.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/26/2013, 22:27   #10

elite*gold: 2470
Received Thanks: 5,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by dateone View Post
I should have been more specific with that, so let me explain.

There is a table in the database called "t_npc_dropjob". There you can set each monsters drop for a certain class.
Ah, you're right, that's what happens when you've only worked with Episode 1, sorry and good luck with your project.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/28/2013, 12:12   #11

UPDATE:

- Gear-Sharing canceled (Reason: Since magical weapons are way more powerful than physical ones nobody would actually use physical weapons)
- each class will get "enchanted" and a "mighty" class-specific weapons (enchanted = magical and mighty = physical)
- some skills are bound to certain skill pathes to avoid the inflation of magical builds
- summoning spirits or transformations will require characters to pass "the apprenticeship of summoners"