Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Hardware > Hardware Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 18:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[EN]Fan noise, hardware fixes?

Discussion on [EN]Fan noise, hardware fixes? within the Hardware Discussions / Questions forum part of the Hardware category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
[EN]Fan noise, hardware fixes?

Heya, everyone, I've been having some really annoying problems with ambient noise, like my laptop fans buzzing, and some other random stuff giving off negative feedback to the microphone, now tinkering with drivers didn't really help out that much (in some cases it made things worse). So I was looking for a solution of isolating my microphone from any source of sound (other than me). I came across this.

Now it can be bought for about 50 usd.

Though the build itself seems easy to build be yourself (and cheaper)

and a bread knife to cut the foam without ripping it.
I guess that the almost anything can be used as the housing, even a cardboard foaling box, so the build can come off cheap, but I have no idea on how effective it is.

What do you guys think? Is it worth going through the trouble of building one?
Now I guess the parts can be found at any home supply store or hardware store.

I also would love recommendations on a microphone, stuff like, USB vs Line-in (or w/e the jack is really called).

I would love some feedback, so thank you for your time,
TheConArtist
Old 11/25/2011, 17:52   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 22,454
if you want to build it by yourself use eierkarton (idk in english) instead of acoustic foam
Old 11/25/2011, 17:59   #3

I don´t know if cardboard is the best idea, foam is soft, so it should absorb air vibrations (example - sound) a bit better.
Old 11/27/2011, 20:30   #4

elite*gold: 9
The Black Market: 156/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,804
#moved
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/27/2011, 20:51   #5

would this be of any use in processing sound and getting rid of the hiss? I did hear that external sound cards are a bit better at it than the built in stuff (just because most companies add cheap stuff just because they have to.)