Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 15:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is buying Gold safe?

Discussion on Is buying Gold safe? within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 46
Is buying Gold safe?

I heard about people gettin banned cause of buying Gold for real cash.
When i began to play gw2 i used to buy gold aswell.

Now im scared of gettin smashed by the banhammer.
Whats your opinion?
Old 06/19/2016, 15:31   #2

elite*gold: 0
you always have a small chance of being banned while buying but I would say people getting banned for buying just bought alot and repetively
Old 06/19/2016, 20:13   #3

elite*gold: 54
The Black Market: 163/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentrax View Post
I heard about people gettin banned cause of buying Gold for real cash.
When i began to play gw2 i used to buy gold aswell.

Now im scared of gettin smashed by the banhammer.
Whats your opinion?
Don't directly buy gold, but items instead. Buying gold directly is going to get you caught. Ontop of that don't buy from large gold sites, sure way to eventually get your account banned.

Keep those things in mind and the chance you'll get banned is slim.
Old 06/20/2016, 09:42   #4

elite*gold: 235
Depends on what you are buying.
If you are buying pure gold ... highest risk possible.
If you are buying Legendary weapons ... again kinda high risk.

But when buying crafting materials like ectos and so, you are pretty much safe.
Also buying from individual players is better idea, because many shops are flagged already.
Old 06/21/2016, 22:53   #5

elite*gold: 6
that's true whatgw2selling say, i buyd about 3k Gold, about 2,5k in ecto's from someone in this forum, 500g (also in ecto) from mmoga, but i wont recommend to buy it from mmoga, i just was lucky that i did not got banned. try to get an realplayer who does sell his Gold in ectos, then you are 100% safe.
Old 06/28/2016, 08:08   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranX1337 View Post
that's true whatgw2selling say, i buyd about 3k Gold, about 2,5k in ecto's from someone in this forum, 500g (also in ecto) from mmoga, but i wont recommend to buy it from mmoga, i just was lucky that i did not got banned. try to get an realplayer who does sell his Gold in ectos, then you are 100% safe.
You can buy Ectos from MMOGA aswell, may i should try it this way.
Cause it's a lot cheaper.
Old 06/28/2016, 12:48   #7

yeah ofc you can, but mmoga aint that safe, cuz they sell it on mass.
if you just Google how many People did got banned even with ectos by mmoga, then you would know what i mean, try to find an Person in this Forum who do sell them as single Person, that will be safe then up to 80%
Old 06/28/2016, 22:37   #8

theres always a risk, because you are breaking the rules, like others guys say, its just the method u use lowers the risk
Old 09/20/2016, 23:48   #9

hey guys,
how did these trades happen? the traders make up a story, so it would be safe? or did they just send you the gold/ecto like that?
Old 09/21/2016, 09:50   #10

elite*gold: 901
Uhm.. depends on the trader and yesterday.. sadly, I got banned again for buying some ectos.
It's NOT recommended to buy from a famous seller with a big homepage, just buy from a private seller here and you'll be fine
Old 09/21/2016, 10:14   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfg For Ra View Post
hey guys,
how did these trades happen? the traders make up a story, so it would be safe? or did they just send you the gold/ecto like that?
Depends on the Seller. Some give a little reason in the mail. For expensive lottery/giveaway winner or talking to you like a friend.

it's a little saver cause u have a explanation and anet can't proof you bought the items for real money.

And you should buy gold/items from private sellers and avoid the big gold-trading Companys.
Old 09/22/2016, 15:51   #12

Make a fake account, let send you the gold to that account, then wait some days and send it to your account. That would be bring no problems.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/22/2016, 23:24   #13

make a fake account, aint like that, that you just can send from an new account max about 20g ~ weekly xD?
Old 09/22/2016, 23:46   #14

If you receive 500 or more in one go within a week prepare to get hit because you will. If you keep it less then that a week you will be fine.
Old 09/23/2016, 10:12   #15

elite*gold: 54
The Black Market: 163/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Devil View Post
Make a fake account, let send you the gold to that account, then wait some days and send it to your account. That would be bring no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranX1337 View Post
make a fake account, aint like that, that you just can send from an new account max about 20g ~ weekly xD?
It's not even possible to send gold from a free account (which I assume he means), if he means a secondary account you would need to buy another GW2 Key, which is not what anyone wants I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn10 View Post
If you receive 500 or more in one go within a week prepare to get hit because you will. If you keep it less then that a week you will be fine.
Even if you keep it as low as 50 gold, chances are you will get temp banned. The amount of gold you can send/ receive in a week is a maximum of 500 gold, so you can't even send/receive more than that in a week. Trading gold indirectly (by items for example), avoids this and is safe to do.