Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 12:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Permanent Banned without doing anything

Discussion on Permanent Banned without doing anything within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Permanent Banned without doing anything

I admit i used midnight way back more than a year ago. after i came back to play again because of HoT for almost 3 months now without using any third party software i was permanently banned. and the GM told me that

"we had found multiple instances where you were unlocking waypoints/POI's & skill points through teleporting directly to them. This again is a breach of the Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct as it provides you with an unfair advantage against other players."

where in that instance was way back 1.5 years ago... I think they are crazily banning all users who used third party software now or even before....
Old 01/27/2016, 18:55   #2

I've asked for explination why I got banned and GM said that they cannot provide me that informations bla bla bla and that they got some algorithm for detection.

You got some answer at least, at the end I still dont know why I got banned.
Old 01/28/2016, 13:16   #3

elite*gold: 55
Teleporting is detectable. They just don't ban instantly.
Old 01/28/2016, 17:39   #4

Two ways I can think of:

1. They retain logs (with coordinates / timestamps where you have discovered etc) which go back several years.

2. They scan areas around waypoint / vistas to see if the "fog" has been cleared, if not then clearly you did teleport directly there.

Old 01/28/2016, 21:22   #5

Since HoT for now 3 motnhs i've been playing i did not use any third party software. but yes i admit i used it before more than a year ago. but because my main is the love of my life i never did use any third party program.

So i think they have the log years ago and that is their basis fo my ban.
Old 01/29/2016, 12:17   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_John View Post
Teleporting is detectable. They just don't ban instantly.
Wow, really hard to believe. So many ingame logic uses that thing on long or short distances
I tell what is detectable - achievements and map uncover.
Use wise, dont rush.

Tags
banned