Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 17:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Gw2 account suspended

Discussion on Gw2 account suspended within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Gw2 account suspended

Hello,

My account has recently been suspended. As the message says, for tampering with the game. I have no idea what caused this and therefore suspect i may have been hacked. What would be the best way to go about recovering my account? I have opened a support ticket, since that is all i can do for now. Has anyone had similar issues? How can i prove that i did not tamper with the game, and how can i tell and prove if i was hacked? Can ArenaNet somehow roll back my account to an older state, before these violations occured?

Thank you.
Old 08/24/2015, 17:41   #2

elite*gold: 100
Just follow what the GM tells you to do in your ticket.
Im guessing you have to provide information.

But Im doubting your account be hacked since they just implemented a 2 factor authentication and a recent authentication update.

Good luck though.
Old 08/26/2015, 02:54   #3

elite*gold: 193
Received Thanks: 2,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix45 View Post
Hello,

My account has recently been suspended. As the message says, for tampering with the game. I have no idea what caused this and therefore suspect i may have been hacked. What would be the best way to go about recovering my account? I have opened a support ticket, since that is all i can do for now. Has anyone had similar issues? How can i prove that i did not tamper with the game, and how can i tell and prove if i was hacked? Can ArenaNet somehow roll back my account to an older state, before these violations occured?

Thank you.
Running bots hooked to the game, teleport hacks, being reported for speed/clip hacking or if your caught dungeon fly hacking by gm's that do actually sometimes check or pretend to be 'buying' runs in some pve dungeons.

It's in my experience that sorry to say, the 'tampering with the game' ban - its usually a 90% permanent ban.
Old 08/27/2015, 01:08   #4

Coming here instead of contacting a GM about possibly being hacked is probably not the best first step.
Old 08/28/2015, 15:28   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertedSerenity View Post
Coming here instead of contacting a GM about possibly being hacked is probably not the best first step.
There's nothing wrong with that. Anet has rules and guidelines on how they ban, unban etc. If he writes here nothing will change and they can't identify him anyway.