Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Hero Online Hellfire Bot

Old   #76

elite*gold: 0
Hellfire Update Issues and redesign decision

Due to issues I ran into during the last update (714), I have decided to work on a redesign of the bot code so that I can address various issues within the code that will make updating easier for me in the future. I will be working on this as a side work so that it does not interfere with work on improvements to Hellfire or Thera Launcher.

The first issue is streamlining the code to speed up/smooth out the bot running. To do this, I will be removing several test code sections but leaving their functionality, mainly in the targetting system. I will be removing the visible counters and the code to show them updating, but leave the counters intact.

The second issue, which has been on my to-do list since the start of the overlay feature of the bot, involves the mouse clicking thru the menus and making your char run around. It's been annoying me as I play.

The third issue involves the running to the NPCs. Currently, I am testing using A-Star pathfinding to get the char to run from his current position, to the NPC (to sell/buy/store stuff) and running back to where you started. It works, but with glitches I haven't solved yet.

The fourth issue involves the auto-stacking of certain items. I first got the idea to search the bag and have the bot auto-restack pots and other stackable items if it could. This idea was intended on keeping the bag neat and full pot stacks close to the top of the bag (freeing up slots as much as possible). Then I ran into Mushrooms. They can be stacked, but they don't, so the bag fills up quickly. The closer I get to being able to work with opening menus, the more I see a need to be able to stack the mushrooms (and other items).

Thanks
1 User
Old   #77

They snuck in an update but the bot auto-adjusted to the changes.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #78

Hey guys new to this bot and just wondering is it normal for it to sit in the middle of the screen i am experiencing some crashing as well like 2-3 mins (win7 32bit, run as administrator) I am also running hero online on (max resolution) (Windowed mode)
Old   #79

gofik123, your crashing when using for hunting or mining? or it crash at both?
Did you tried running it with another windows compatibility?

karraksc, the only issue that is annoying me its that when i am mining and i pause it to watch another window, and then when i come back and start it, it sometimes get stuck, like the program get frozen, and i most use task manager to end it. It happens more frequently when i move hero online to sides, because i am using hero in windowed mode so when i move it to the sides of the screen the program get frozen.

But its a little issue that don't bother me that much. What really bothers me its that i wish that i could do another things in my pc when mining >< And yeah so nice that its still working after the patch

Old   #80

Ummm i am using hunting and compatibility i have tried Service pack 2&3, vista, windows 7 tried alot of them actually.
Old   #81

Hey guys,

I have problems using this bot, when I try to tick boxes I have to click alot of times to select an option. And if I want to tick Attack box it doesnt work, I can tick any other box but Attack one, so I cant use the bot for hunting. Does anyone have an idea what could be my problem?

Thanks!
Old   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofik123 View Post
Ummm i am using hunting and compatibility i have tried Service pack 2&3, vista, windows 7 tried alot of them actually.
Works best with XP SP3 compatability, due to the game itself being a 32-bit app.

Take a screenshot of the game and send it to along with a copy of the Hellfire.log file so I can see what it is trying to do but not.

First, try lowering the resolution to one that allows the border to be shown. I had someone else have issues with full-screen not working correctly. The bot tries to figure the size of the caption and borders to know where to position the menus and buttons. Full-screen mode sometimes confuses it.

Also, are you trying to use the Hunting Aid and the bot at the same time? The Hunting Aid turns several toggles in the game memory ON to get it to work. The bot accomplishes the same thing, but disables the time usage. With the Hunting Aid ON, the bot thinks it's already running and shuts the Hunting Aid OFF. I know it sounds quirky, but it helps when the Hunting Aid gets stuck after its time runs out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljaz1234 View Post
Hey guys,

I have problems using this bot, when I try to tick boxes I have to click alot of times to select an option. And if I want to tick Attack box it doesnt work, I can tick any other box but Attack one, so I cant use the bot for hunting. Does anyone have an idea what could be my problem?

Thanks!
The attack box auto-toggles when you start/stop the bot. It is not normally selectable (might have to grey it out) As for the skill list check boxes, each time you click a box, the bot have to update (takes 1/2 to 2 secs, depending on number of times it is clicked) You make 5 selections, thats 5 times the bot has to update the status of the boxes, verify its an active option, and save them to the Skills config file. The lag comes from the time it takes to write to the config file. I thought about using an in-memory config file, which is faster, but it forced me to have to manually re-check the skills I wanted to use EACH time the bot loaded up. The next update, I'll release two versions, one as it is right now and one with the memory config file. I'll let you users decide which is better.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #83

I will try it when I get home thanks

You can kill me for this if you like but I recently came back to hero and found its dead I am looking for a house to join I am shao level 95 looking forward to get back into it yes I am noobish at the game still

Dam bot still crashes x(
Old   #84

Thanks for the explanation karraksc! Ill try it again
Old   #85

So far no luck it still crashes =\

Also when i use the start and stop bot hotkey it crashes =\. The bot lasts about 3-5 minutes
Old   #86

Part of the problem is the name finding routine 8^( I thought I had that one fixed in the 714 update. Will have to check the memory locations again, the location might have shifted again. Will also have to look into why it is cycling thru shutdown/restart every 30-45 seconds like the log is showing. Time to dig thru the game and code.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #87

Thanks, I was hoping it was an option I had set
Old   #88

I recoded the string routines so the bot will read data strings easier. Am trying to track down the bot reset problem, and if testing goes ok I'll send out an update in the Morning (Monday). In addition to the name issue, I went over the full-screen code as well.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #89

Hey again,

I still haven't managed to make the bot work. Whenever I start it it would pause after 2 or 3 seconds, even if I did everything as it says in the instructions. When I try hunting I set up the hunting aid, put all skills in there, but the bot doesn't show me any skills, only normal attack. If I check normal attack option and start it, nothing happens. It's the same with all other options (mining, gathering, ...).

The only messages in the log file are always these two:
2015/3/25 16:43:05 - Starting Up
2015/3/25 16:43:05 - After_Create
29.3.2015 13:26:39 - Starting Up
29.3.2015 13:26:39 - After_Create

I tried running the bot in compatibility mode for Windows XP, Vista and 7 and always the same. I have no idea what else can I try :/
Old   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljaz1234 View Post
Hey again,

I still haven't managed to make the bot work. Whenever I start it it would pause after 2 or 3 seconds, even if I did everything as it says in the instructions. When I try hunting I set up the hunting aid, put all skills in there, but the bot doesn't show me any skills, only normal attack. If I check normal attack option and start it, nothing happens. It's the same with all other options (mining, gathering, ...).

The only messages in the log file are always these two:
2015/3/25 16:43:05 - Starting Up
2015/3/25 16:43:05 - After_Create
29.3.2015 13:26:39 - Starting Up
29.3.2015 13:26:39 - After_Create

I tried running the bot in compatibility mode for Windows XP, Vista and 7 and always the same. I have no idea what else can I try :/
I am testing out new changes in the bot code that fixes this issue. The first is the memory location that stores the char name got moved in the last update (716) so the bot wasn't finding it. Without the name, the bot doesn't know which config file to open. The update should be posted either tonight or first thing in the morning, depending on how testing goes today.

The normal notices would show as:
Line 1: Starting Up
Line 2: After_Create
Line 3: Loading (Charname)

Oh, btw. Just to give you guys a heads up. The code size for the bot is almost 135k lines long. The CE sheets for the game are spread out over 697 pointers I have decoded, 400+ are used by the bot to get it to do its work. It is watching a lot of info from the game. There are a lot of things I would like to add to the bot, but each change has to balance out (feature vs speed).

I am still trying to solve the background game focus issue, active config files that don't rely on disk read/writes (which are currently slowing the skill selections), NPC interactions to buy/sell/store items and point-to-point running in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karraksc View Post
I recoded the string routines so the bot will read data strings easier. Am trying to track down the bot reset problem, and if testing goes ok I'll send out an update in the Morning (Monday). In addition to the name issue, I went over the full-screen code as well.
Many changes in the code, which hopefully will correct several issues the bot has been having.

First, I completely recoded the routine that reads strings to handle the buffer size changes the game likes to slip in.

Second, I rewrote the config routines to work in-memory, to help speed up the skills pick list (eliminated most of the hard drive read/write)

Third, rewrote the code handling the screen overlay so it also works in full-screen mode (only change is that the teleport window no longer works if you are in Full-screen mode, since it shows off-screen in that mode)

Fourth, I went in and set up a switch in-code to hide/disable all of the NPC routines currently being worked on, so that they only work if you are a beta-tester. So, yes Xian, you and Scott still have auto-login and NPC selling/buying.

Thanks
3 Users

Tags
hellfire, hero online, mjsbots