Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Hero Online Hellfire Bot

Old   #301

elite*gold: 0
Dude fock a bot, we need a private server up in this *****.I cannot recall of 1 private server and that game has been running for 10years+.

Even if the files cost $40k or even $100k it is worth buying them.U can make x10 in a period of 2years of that money...

Old   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhail1200 View Post
Dude fock a bot, we need a private server up in this *****.I cannot recall of 1 private server and that game has been running for 10years+.

Even if the files cost $40k or even $100k it is worth buying them.U can make x10 in a period of 2years of that money...
Everybody says "I want a private server!" So far, I've only seen 3 people even try working on one. I'm one of the three, the second (my business partner) died in 2013, so I've been working on things by myself ever since. I still see the third coder pop in here now and then.

I tried working with an ex-employee years ago. I got the server and client source (VC++ 2000) back when they did the first major update in 2007, only to lose part of the server database files in a drive crash a few months later.

I released what I had of the source and exes on Rage Zone for others to work with, but have not had anyone show an active interest in helping finish the work. For me, being retired, this is a hobby project and fun. I have always released Hellfire for free because, for me, it was always to be a work in progress and a learning platform.

My end goal is a private server, which is why I've spent so much time reversing the client. As I worked out sections of the client/server functions, I've added them into Hellfire, to test them. Hellfire was my testbed for a basic client that is working but it isn't completed yet. Once the client works with the current servers, I can finish rebuilding the server coding.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #303

Alright guys. I think it's time i reveal what i have been working on for the past 4-5months.

A Hero Plus server emulator.

Currently what i have up and running is the LoginServer:
*Create accounts
*Login using cridentials used to create it.
*Displaying the server list
*Redirecting the client to the GameServer
GameServer:
*Fully working character selection/creation/deletion
*All maps are loaded on the server(no colisions yet)
*Entering the game, moving around, changing zones.(You can see eachother)
*Npcs are in the game, but at this moment they're just 'dummies', you can kill them and get exp/gold(no drops yet).
*All items that exist in hero plus currently also exists. You can upgrade them by using commands. Basic inventory works(inv 1, 2, equipment slots).
*Stat calculations work to about 90%, sdmg is off. If anyone wants to figure out how it's calculated please send me a message.

Yesterday i started implementing skill books and skills, which works somewhat, but are very basic atm.

Also, i have no intention of releasing my work public as of yet. However in time i will setup a public test server for everyone to try out.

If there's anything else you want to know just ask.
The easiest way to contact me is to join my discord server

Just some random screenshots from the server.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #304

nice rly great after so many years there is progress i hope after a couple of months its playable and we can start play hero again.

Old   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfire View Post
nice rly great after so many years there is progress i hope after a couple of months its playable and we can start play hero again.
Yea it's gonna take more than a couple of months that's for sure.

On another note i managed to get 40-60% of skills working. Which includes all single target, all aoe on target and all aoe on player type skills.
Old   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahler View Post
Yea it's gonna take more than a couple of months that's for sure.

On another note i managed to get 40-60% of skills working. Which includes all single target, all aoe on target and all aoe on player type skills.
do you want to make a extra thread for this so we can always see what is happing or a website so you can inform us.
Will you make some costume changes or will you just make it like official?
Old   #307

Yes, i indeed would like to make a forum for this project where i can post updates and we can discuss the project.

At the moment i'm not going to make any kind of custom content. This is something that can be discussed in the future tho, i'm not against changing things for the better. For now tho, as close to official as possible.
Old   #308

any new updates?
Old   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfire View Post
any new updates?
Hi, yea i have been working on stuff, but most of it is pretty uninteresting i suppose. Mostly backend stuff that makes my life alot easier, database stuff etc. Also started working on enemy AI, which is very basic atm, but there nontheless.

Also started implementing a way to handle multiple servers(and server tabs), i'd say i'm about 30% there. Regret not doing this earlier, ugh.

Regarding making a website or forum, i've been trying to contact Ax5 about this if he's still interested, but i haven't been able to reach him yet.
Old   #310

Any way to support this? I love the idea
Old   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLuzian View Post
Any way to support this? I love the idea
Hi so if you're refering to my project, Join my discord server where i will talk about **** and ask for help and answer questions and stuff.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #312

Hey,i'm having some problems with this bot,i open Hero Plus then Hellfire4.exe,but only appears a white block :/
Old   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayconaza View Post
Hey,i'm having some problems with this bot,i open Hero Plus then Hellfire4.exe,but only appears a white block :/
You don't realy need to be sad that it doesn't work, because it doesn't work either way, if that makes any sense. Karraksc has been working on fixing it since the latest patches broke it.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #314

Any news about the progress, im have this epic feeling when i read about hero online private server, it brings me back to the glory days 2007-2009 when hero was awesome!
Thank you jahler for starting this project!
Im grateful there are people like you, karraksc and ax5!
Old   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1r3t0 View Post
Any news about the progress, im have this epic feeling when i read about hero online private server, it brings me back to the glory days 2007-2009 when hero was awesome!
Thank you jahler for starting this project!
Im grateful there are people like you, karraksc and ax5!
Yea so the easiest way to keep up to do date with the project, is to join my discord server

Feel free to ask anything there, i'm trying to not derail this thread too much, since it's actualy for the hellfire bot.

But since i'm already typing this, i'll just state what's been done since the last post.

-Servers work like they should.
-Added drops to all mobs, and it works realy well.
-More items are working, like gambling chests etc.
-Rewrote the database connection, it's about 3x faster than before.
-(almost)All stats are correct now, sdmg is ~0-20 dmg off.

Currently i'm working on enemy AI and NPC conversations.

Tags
hellfire, hero online, mjsbots