Leveling 1-20 Guide
Everyone starts in Tortage and stays in Tortage until level 20. There are 2 modes you may play in Tortage single player mode (night time) and multiplayer mode. Watch your back in multiplayer mode and often camp spawn points in areas such as White Sands.
Starting off, shipwrecked to entering Tortage
In order to change between day mode (multi-player) to night mode (single-player) you must visit the Tina in the Thirsty Dog Inn. Select the first option TWICE (you know, the one that says Night Mode next to it). Telling her you don't want to wait there, or just saying goodbye, will NOT advance the game to night mode.
* solo work till you get to Tortage
* When you come up on the island after the crash, 1 to 5 KILL EVERYTHING ON THE ISLAND that you can possibly kill. The more you are into level 5 when you go into tort the better off you will be.
* Explore the full area. There are alligators on the beach and a boss down there. If you kill everything by the time you hit tortage, you should almost be level 6
* Once in the area before the gates(after you rescue casillida) turn right and kill the three panthers there.
* Run and get the quest at the gate and get it done
* After you hit 6 and get gate access run through tortage and get every quest u can. There are a few quest you shouldn't fool with involving killing level 10-11 mobs in town until level 9 or 10.
* Work quests in daytime
* At 9 Start working on the night quest (should be able to do the first volcano part at this level)
* daytime quests
Level 12 - 15
* Start working the second volcano part of the night time quests
* Daytime quests
* At 15 you can do the next to last part of the night time quests but you will only get to 16 or 17 until you petter out and cant go further till you hit 19
* Daytime quests and/or grinding in the Rum and Rumble, the best quests at this level are on the far end of the Island
* At 19 Do the final stage of the Night quests and leave the newbie area
* When you reach level 18 and your a caster or healer be sure to put points into casting concentration or you will never be able to get a spell off because you will be constantly disrupted.
* Do not skip alot of quest. You must be 19 to leave noob town. And there realy is no place to grind it out
* You cannot enter the city of Tortage while wearing your slave bindings. Do the quest from the guard at the gate to ultimately get them removed.
* The slave master does not have the gate key. Read your new questlog, and you'll see you now have to kill a demon.
* The quarry for the stone bricks is north east of the quest giver. Seriously. Open your map and look at the giant orange X. Now go to it and pick up bricks.
* Sometimes, a demon will spawn when you pick up a brick. This does not happen every time. I went through four characters before my fifth finally had it spawn for me.
* There is a guy on the docks during the day that will fix your feats. Currently requires no money. Spells learned through feats will stay on your hot bars, but will not be usable unless you invest feat points in them again.
* There are weapon and armor vendors at the smithy to the left as you enter Tortage. They also show up as a stack of coins icon on your mini and main maps. Vendor will sell different items during day and night.
* Nadini does not appear during the daytime. Stop looking for her.
* I suggest grabbing all the day time quests possible before heading into night mode as some of them are completable during night mode while you are completing the single player quests.
* When getting quest for underhalls in noob town. It is a pvp zone dont go alone.
* use your gate as often as you can to save trips back Tortage. It is an ability called Path of Asura
* Theres a couple of names that drop better weapons and armor that are easy to kill
* Collect loot items that stack in lieu of useless extra armor with no stats.
* After getting everything you can(quests all through town and up the hill outside the gates), Pick an area and get all the quest done. I avoid the night time quest till level 10 or so. Then you can roll through it. If you get to a point where you are waiting to get level XX to finish the nighttime quest pop back out and look around town again for more quest in the day and finish what you have for a certain area.. White Sands, Archenon Ruins, Underhalls, town, etc… Grey quest still give whatever exp they would originally, so doing them is not a waste of time. If you run out of quest before you level you can kill boozed bullies at the rum and rumble (the boat near the pier on stilts). At night time they are level ten, in the day they are level 17.
Tortage single player (Night time)
* Find the ship on stilts in the center of the city. Inside there are level 10 Boozed Bullys. Great for farming, they give safe XP, loot and there is a merchant on the docks to sell the loot to.
Tortage multi-player (Day time)
* Find the ship on stilts in the center of the city. Inside there are level 10 Boozed Bullys. Boozed Bullys are level 17, good for XP and farming to get to 19 to finish your destiny quest.