Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 00:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Age Of Empires 3 : the warchiefs

Discussion on Age Of Empires 3 : the warchiefs within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
i have made this guide, please do not be too harsh to me, it is my first guide.

Ok here goes (i'm starting off with a bit about lag):

LAG

In all age of empires games you will come across lag, or where you stop then suddenly jolt. This is caused by bad connection or a overflow of connection. Do not ask me how to stop all lag, as this is impossible, all internet games have certain degrees of lag. These are the main things that cause lag : A) Cannons B) People running on a bad connection(can be caused by other programmes using bandwith) C) Warships (moniters/frigates) and D) Taunts. Cannons cause lag, this is just a fact, all cannons will do this, some more that others. I believe this is because they are having to calculate the movement and the roll, bounce etc and need to send it to all players. People running on a bad connection is a bit obvious on why it lags. If it is not obvious it is because you are trying to send the data of the game and it is taking a long time to get there and so a long time to get back to you so can move again. Warships cause lag for the same reasons as cannons except worse. I am not exactally sure why taunts lagg its just a proven fact by ESO.

If you wish to prevent lag there are a few things you can do even if you are not hosting. You can turn off all other programmes, especially things like MSN and Skype. I understand that many people use skype to communicate and it can be ok, as long as you do not have anything else running. If you are hosting, kick someone if their ping bar (the bar below their name in the setup game screen) is red, kick them. If you get someone from a long way away trying to join i would reccomend kicking them because the distance will contribute to the lag.

[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=There is your lag :P' border='0' alt='There is your lag :P' />

HOW TO START OFF

Even though I play on and offline, I would personally reccomend that new players start of with the campaign and then swiftly on to multiplayer, I may not be the best player but I am just saying what I believe to be usefull. If you keep playing on single player, some of you may get used to cheats and other things, but online you cannot gain experience points if you use cheats.

When you start, if you are familiar with "Age of..." games or in other words, real time strategy games, I would reccommend you to start on medium difficulty for when you start on the campaign, but if you are a complte noob (no offence) you will want to start on easy, if you are an excelent player and have just bought the expansion I would reccommend hard.

You start of with a few villagers/settlers or the eqivilent, recource crates and your explorer (possibly with dog if Spanish). One of your first priorities will be to explore, if you find your enemie(s) you will know where to protect and where to attack. So if you send out your explorer to do that, and collect any easy treasures, you can start your economy. The emphasis is on easy at this point because if you loose your explorer at this early stage you will loose an advantage. You must understand that economy is important to become a good player in this, because if you don't get a good economy you will get a small army of this and that, but no brute force behind your army, no good economy = no good army = LOOSE!!

[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=Getting tired now, will update later.' border='0' alt='Getting tired now, will update later.' />

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK