Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Upgrade Glitch

Discussion on Upgrade Glitch within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Upgrade Glitch

Hi guys.

As some of you know, when the new Hero UI was released we were able to put the same item, like a pearl, in 3 different slots on upgrade. And that's quite great if you are upgrading HT pieces using +3/+4 pps.

The thing is, for some time, I could do this simply replacing new Hero.exe for old Hero.exe (the first new UI exe). But now the hero launcher was changed and the old exe doenst allow the login.

Since its a client side glitch, i'm trying to replicate it using CE/Autoit to make a program, but I have just a little experience doing this.

I would like to know if any of you can give me a insight if its possible, how to start, or if I'm just losing my time (in case its not possible).

Thanks.
Old 09/21/2010, 15:42   #2

Well what are you trying to do mate ?
Old 09/21/2010, 17:54   #3

I'm trying to put the same pearl on 3 slots. When new GUI was released we could do this, and after correction, changing Hero.exe worked and the glitch still worked. I'm trying to replicate the bug someway.
Old 09/23/2010, 19:03   #4

Yes that was nice big... but since the hero.exe was updated i can not use "all in one" program to launch the old Hero.... i think there is no way to run it atm.

Note: Install the Lastest Hero Online and patch it at the past upg. Try replacing the "New" Hero Online Folder i mean Netgame/Hero Online, with the Old(bugged) Hero Online. When the game is patched its creating Info file in "C:\Mgame\Common\Hero" wich will show that the game is at the latest patch but actualy you'll be using the old client... There shouldn't be problem to run it thought the original web site. Good Luck and thats only a suggestion.
Old 09/24/2010, 02:57   #5

I did that, replaced the new for old stuff and didnt work. Maybe we can play around with CE? Any pro insights?
Old 09/24/2010, 20:00   #6

ax5 do u know how to do it ?
Old 09/26/2010, 01:47   #7

What kind of nonsense is that, ax5? skype? teamviewer? OMG dude. Stop spamming if you don't know how to help. I just need a help on how to "unlock" an pearl of a slot so i can use it 3 times on upgrade. That's all.
Old 09/26/2010, 16:38   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongogb View Post
What kind of nonsense is that, ax5? skype? teamviewer? OMG dude. Stop spamming if you don't know how to help. I just need a help on how to "unlock" an pearl of a slot so i can use it 3 times on upgrade. That's all.
What is not saucy. I said if you want to help each other so you can use them programs, BTW I don't spam
Old 09/27/2010, 00:16   #9

mongogb do u know the ver. of the bugged Hero Online Client ... I think i know how it could be done. I'll let you know if i make it work.
Old 09/27/2010, 09:14   #10

hm, i dont think this will work so easy...

It was a bug of the hero.exe which didnt check if an item is selected to the strengthen part. If there is no actual server side check it would be possible to write a hack.

First with CE as u wrote. Find the value which identify if an item is selected and set it to null.

Or use reverse engineering and find the function of the strengthening part and rewrite it "without the item is selected" check in assembler.
Old 09/27/2010, 16:34   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycce View Post
mongogb do u know the ver. of the bugged Hero Online Client ... I think i know how it could be done. I'll let you know if i make it work.
The game version is 316 if I am not wrong. You can try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlat View Post
hm, i dont think this will work so easy...

It was a bug of the hero.exe which didnt check if an item is selected to the strengthen part. If there is no actual server side check it would be possible to write a hack.

First with CE as u wrote. Find the value which identify if an item is selected and set it to null.

Or use reverse engineering and find the function of the strengthening part and rewrite it "without the item is selected" check in assembler.
I'm gonna check this and tell you guys if I find something. Thanks Schlat.

Tags
upgrade