Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 14:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Hero Launcher

Discussion on [Release] Hero Launcher within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

View Poll Results: Was my login launcher useful?
Yes 11 61.11%
No 4 22.22%
Kinda 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release] Hero Launcher 2.0

Ok. I decided to release this since I was so proud of my program since I was never capable of doing these stuff :P. I made this because I didn't like to goto the web and click game start and stuff. It was too slow so I made this for me and my friend until now I released it.

FYI: Sorry, but I forgot to put this up here back then when it happened, hehe. If you guys didn't know I stopped updating my Hero Launcher because I reformatted my computer and unfortunately, I forgot to backup my project. -_- Yeah, yeah I know. So I won't be updating this anymore until further notice, but as of August 22 it should still work. (unconfirmed, someone please confirm for me. Thanks) The program MAY look pretty simple(which it is), but it's not... sorta. The project takes like FOREVER to remake due to my ignorance :P and my messy coding. If I ever do remake this, then it won't be soon, sorry. Well best of luck to all the elitepvpers, especially the coders because they are the ones that make up the bots and hacks!

***NOTICE***
If you are updating launchers from a version lower than 2.0 please download the ---> <--- to remove the old user and password information on your computer. Then download the new v2.0 launcher and save the new information if you want it to be encrypted. ***NOTICE***

Features:
- Stay on top of other windows.
- Save user and pass information.
- Save settings
- Login/Logout status
- Login/Logout function
- Version notifier
- Version checker (white square on top left corner) *NEW* You can press F2 -dead/not working-
- Save Settings button *NOTE* For v2.0+ you may want to press the button more than once because saving the password is sometimes faulty.
- Able to view what the login launcher is doing by pressing F1 to open the browser
- Can kill Launcher.exe
- Control Panel for webbrowser *NEW* You can press F3
- Encryption (User/Password saving)
*NOTE* If you want to minimize click the icon in the system tray or the taskbar

Changelog:
Code:
1.0:
- Loads the login page for you to login and start the launcher.

1.1:
- Integrated login form. Automatic launcher startup.

1.2:
- Sleep time before starting launcher changed from 1 second to 5 seconds.

1.3:
- Added logout function.
- Added loggedin/loggedout status.

1.4:
- Made the textboxes longer for better viewing.
- Added a checkbox for the option for the window to stay on top of others or not.
- Changed background color to add a little design for it.
- Added KillerDownloads for a quicklink to some of my other downloads.

1.5:
- The login button can now be pressed more than once if already logged in.
- Got rid of the text on top.
- Added system tray icon. It will minimize and restore your program. Will remain there afetr the program closes so you need to hover your mouse over to make it disappear.
- Reads username & password if saved.
- Saving the settings methods implanted.
- Now saves username and password is chosen to.
- Made the username and password box smaller and added a User and Pass label instead (due to the fact that I was having coding problems). Also delete the username and password text inside the textboxes.
- Moved the KillerDownloads links up on top.
- Added a version notifier.

1.6:
- Added version checker (click the white square on the bottom right corner)
- The Login button no longer saves the information and settings.
- New Save Settings buttons works 100%. It'll update the new settings you have on it.
- Version notifier changed to 1.6

1.7: [B](schlat's idea because I fail. Thanks)[/B]
- "Save User and Pass" is now split into 2 check boxes instead.
- The Save Pass option will bring up a popup message saying a WARNING.
- Version notifier changed to 1.7

1.8:
- Added a button on the webbrowser to take you back to http://hero.netgame.com (will try to make it automatically go back after login on the next version.)
- Added new hotkeys. F1 = Webbrowser Viewing (Letting you see what the auto-login does). F2 = Updates (Opening a page that'll show you if new updates are available).
- Webbrowser is resizable.
- Updates page is not resizeable.
- Version notifier changed to 1.8

1.9:
- Made the form a bit wider.
- Moved Status up on top.
- Delete KillerDownloads link.
- Added a new button "Kill Launcher.exe". It'll kill the Launcher.exe process for you.
- The webbrowser will now automatically go back to http://hero.netgame.com after 50 seconds of pressing the Login button.
- Moved the checkboxes into a row
- Moved the buttons around
- Moved the little white box to the top left corner instead
- The form is now locked so you can't resize the form. (Doesn't even do anything if you resize)
- Login button will now goto hero.netgame.com first to make sure that it's on the right page so it can login.
- Webbrowser control panel added.
- NEW hotkey. F3 = web browser control panel
- Pressing the hotkeys from any windows that comes from the Hero Launcher will pop up what's supose to come up.
- Added to the "READ ME.txt"
- Version notifier changed to 1.9

2.0:
- Another sleep time added in the Login button to make sure no error pops up.
- Really nice encryption added for security purposes.
- Box maximizing disabled.
- The save settings button now says a notice saying that it is saved. *NOTE* You may want to save more than once because saving the password is sometimes faulty.
- Removed the WARNING that says the information will be saved in plain text.
- The information are saved in a .Azn
- Version notifier changed to 2.0
Virus Scan:

Virustotal. MD5: .....Coming Soon..... (Version 2.0)

Download:
1) (version 1.5)
2) (version 1.6)
3) (version 1.7)
4) (version 1.8)
5) (version 1.9)
6) (version 2.0)
7) (version 1.5 - 2.0)
8) (versions 1.3 - 1.9)

Screenshots:

If you have any further idea, please tell me so in comments. (:

Thank me if I helped (: Also if you release somewhere else, PLEASE give me credits and don't leech.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Hero Launcher 1.6.rar (77.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: rar Hero Launcher 1.7.rar (77.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: rar Hero Launcher 1.8.rar (500.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: rar Hero Launcher 1.9.rar (501.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: rar Hero Launcher 2.0.rar (508.6 KB, 113 views)
Old 06/02/2010, 13:44   #2

Have any one tested?
Old 06/02/2010, 13:57   #3

nope just watched the vid.

Can u encrypt the password like the weblauncher does?

I only checked some of the password encryption, but was to lazy to keep a deep look in it. With that u can start hero.exe "user + encrypted password" if i remember right.

But with my old multiclient u can create fast new accounts for testing .
Old 06/03/2010, 00:12   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlat View Post
nope just watched the vid.

Can u encrypt the password like the weblauncher does?

I only checked some of the password encryption, but was to lazy to keep a deep look in it. With that u can start hero.exe "user + encrypted password" if i remember right.

But with my old multiclient u can create fast new accounts for testing .
Well the thing is I'm not too pro of an encrypter at stuff :P
Old 06/03/2010, 00:30   #5

Im not to sure about this auto launcher
Old 06/03/2010, 00:50   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonGL View Post
Im not to sure about this auto launcher
I can give you bout all the proof you need (: kinda If you watch the video it'll show you the source code of the login launcher thing in visual basic 2008 of v1.5. I would never do anything bad I swear lol I don't have much of a bad side to me unless someone ****** me off. I don't want this to goto waste and I just want to see some people actually using it Currently only me and my friend uses it and anyone else if they are using it.
Old 06/03/2010, 02:11   #7

Quote:
The link you are visiting was posted by a new member. You shouldn't trust new members too much, if the link is an download you should scan the file with VirusTotal.

It's also a good idea to execute untrusted software with Sandboxie.

These security measures do not guarantee the harmlessness of a file.

Wheel im going to use the its safe and good
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/03/2010, 02:35   #8

at the moment I'm trying to add some sort of password encryption when the password is saved. If you want it to be encrypted while typing, I can't do that because that is just far beyond what I know about coding. I'm only on Visual Basic that's how much I fail lol. I can barely code the Hello World thing on C++ and now I forgot all my C++ (which was like nothing) hehe
Old 06/03/2010, 03:11   #9

u can use some easy hash functions like md4,sh1 or sth...but the reconstruction of the password is difficult or not possible.
This hash value is not unique which means it can represent hundreds of different words and i wouldnt expect that netgames use such official hash functions to transfer the password...hmm but i expect the unexpected.
If u wanna make a own encryption/decryption use for example ssl where the user can define a password to generates the decryption
But why u wanna save a password?
Does u client use a internet connection or is this just a secured link?
Old 06/03/2010, 03:26   #10

Quote:
u can use some easy hash functions like md4,sh1 or sth...but the reconstruction of the password is difficult or not possible.
This hash value is not unique which means it can represent hundreds of different words and i wouldnt expect that netgames use such official hash functions to transfer the password...hmm but i expect the unexpected.
If u wanna make a own encryption/decryption use for example ssl where the user can define a password to generates the decryption
But why u wanna save a password?
Does u client use a internet connection or is this just a secured link?
Lol I'm the worst coder ever so my launcher thing isn't so great. Mines doesn't use internet connect other than to connect to the hero.netgame.com links to start the game launcher and goto the web to login. And the way I save the settings is pretty FAIL. haha if you use it and you save a setting look around on your computer should be kinda obvious and you'll find it. That's why I sorta need help on making this thing pro lol. I coded it in Visual Basic 2008 and if someone wants to contribute codes into it, I'll give credit. (:
Old 06/03/2010, 03:58   #11

but thats the most problem of saving passwords. Many commercial tools wanna do this too and fail.
i am not familar with vb, the last time i progged with basic was under dos 2.1. But the most languages look similar to get a primitve overview.
I dont think there is an easy way to save a password in secure local way with the possiblity to reconstruct it. But i think it isnt needed to keep such an high protection. If its not plain 99% of the user wouldnt try to reconstruct it and the other 1 % are known with encryption...
But to give u a little joke, in some cases the hero client is transfering the account password plain over the internet. In that case what helps u a super local protection? Nothing! Use some algorithm with that u can decrypt and encrypt the password and save the encrypted password. Or force u application to enter the password and only save the account name which is enough 4 my opinion.
A hero starter is always useful! Becouse not everyone is using IE or firefox <3.6 and u know how long it takes that netgames fix a bug.
Old 06/03/2010, 04:12   #12

Quote:
but thats the most problem of saving passwords. Many commercial tools wanna do this too and fail.
i am not familar with vb, the last time i progged with basic was under dos 2.1. But the most languages look similar to get a primitve overview.
I dont think there is an easy way to save a password in secure local way with the possiblity to reconstruct it. But i think it isnt needed to keep such an high protection. If its not plain 99% of the user wouldnt try to reconstruct it and the other 1 % are known with encryption...
But to give u a little joke, in some cases the hero client is transfering the account password plain over the internet. In that case what helps u a super local protection? Nothing! Use some algorithm with that u can decrypt and encrypt the password and save the encrypted password. Or force u application to enter the password and only save the account name which is enough 4 my opinion.
A hero starter is always useful! Becouse not everyone is using IE or firefox <3.6 and u know how long it takes that netgames fix a bug.
i kinda got lost with what you said but i understood some. So are you saying to get rid of the saving password and to just leave an option to save the username? if that's all, i can get rid of saving the password and just save the username because I dont know how to make any secure connection of any type or encryption decryption which is not my best thing to code atm.

and btw the languages are kinda similar too :P vb6 changed from vb8 lol
Old 06/03/2010, 04:29   #13

yup, more or less thats all . Only some thoughts that i throw out...
Or give an option with a warning that the password will saved plain.

Think i wrote to much about useless things hehe
Old 06/03/2010, 04:32   #14

Quote:
yup, more or less thats all . Only some thoughts that i throw out...
Or give an option with a warning that the password will saved plain.

Think i wrote to much about useless things hehe
ok will do! (:
Old 06/04/2010, 04:46   #15

I have analyzed it and it does not make anything rare…
it,s clean.
thanks christerper1, great job