Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

diving without water

Discussion on diving without water within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Did some research to make the flyhack work again. Well I didn't get it to work

But i found some interessting things

There is a Value in Memory that indicates weather you are under water or not. If you set it to one while on land.
It looks as if you are teleported to the ground of the map. But you are not. If you freeze the camera with F11, you can still see yourself. Your position didn't change at all, but you are swiming now. Other Players see you swiming, too.
And now the interessting part Others can NOT cast or shot at you, however they can still attack you in melee sometimes.
If you press and hold jump you will come back up and be normal again.

Now if you freeze the value at one and hold down jump, you will appear on the surface every second or so. So you can start a cast while beeing up and finish it when up again, needs some training but it works

And this is really mean in a tank vs. caster fight the caster begins casting, you dive down, he cant hit you, you wait for him to come towards you, when he reaches you, you come back up and kill him

Also you can stand on a bridge, dive down, come back up and you are inside the bridge nice to hide buffbots or play pbaoe caster

and pls excuse the bad english its 02:45 im drunk xD

Maybe someone finds this interessting, maybe not
good night ^^

edit: wooow smilie overkill

edit2: this does not work with climbing

edit3: wanted to make a little hack that does this. but am too dumb to do it The adress does change sometimes, but not always. Did several reboots without it changing and then after restarting daoc about 6 times it changed... dont know why ^^
if anyone is interessted i can post a little tutorial how to find it, if not just forget it :P
Old 01/13/2007, 21:33   #2

I can understand what you want to do and if i am right you can make your char able to swim down in ground so you cast get down getup and finish cast ^^...

Funny thing but only be funny if you could get a hack that does automaticaly hide you when you start cast and comes up when your short before your rdy ^^
Old 01/13/2007, 22:18   #3

i cant make any hack cause im too dumb to find the memory address automtically :P works pretty good with tsearch though

i guess i should read some asm tutorials ^^
Old 01/17/2007, 16:12   #4

This kind of hack would be verry nice, you always have good ideas.
Old 01/20/2007, 16:08   #5

100E28C0
100E22A8
100E23E0

The adress changes totally unlogical thought it was DMA, but it wasnt. It just stays the same until you shut down DAoC with ctrl+alt+del. And then it sometimes changes. Atm it didnt change for 1 week at my pc, dont know why :P

edit:

did some more testing, here is what i found out.
Code:
-setting this to 0 while beeing under water beams you to the water surface, ignoring how deep you are.
-setting it to 1 and back to 0 while standing on a wall, beams you inside this wall.
-setting it to 1 and back to 0 while on a bridge beams you inside or under the bridge, depending on the kind of bridge.
-setting this to 1 while on land does alot of things:
         -casters can see you, but can't attack you cause of LOS.
         -Melee and archers can still attack you.
         -You can't move.
         -you get a funny swim animation
         -your camera position changes to z=0, this can be fixed by pressing F11 before.
         -you can either get back up by pressing jump, or by setting the value at the adress back to 0.
Old 03/22/2007, 16:35   #6

This got Patched with 1.86.