The Black Market: 0/0/0
Join Date: Apr 2007
Received Thanks: 33
Borderlands Modding through USB
Original guide here - - revised version of Carbon12's guide.
This Tutorial will show you how to change your stats, add/modify weapons and more.
Ok first off down below is a list of needed materials.
Any USB Flash Drive that will work with Xbox 360.
(it's easier to not save anything from your xbox on it other than what you are modding)
USB XTAF Xplorer
Borderlands Save Editor
Xbox 360 Hash Block Calculator
THERE WILL BE A FILE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TUTORIAL WITH ALL OF THE NEEDED SOFTWARE
Follow these steps below
1. Transfer your borderlands game save to your Flash Drive. (Would show how to do it.. but i do not have a capture card, if someone does, please message/PM me)
2. Plug your Flash Drive into your Computer and open up USB XTAF Xplorer and click on Open -> Open device/Open device manually, and then your flashdrive will show like so. (picture will be added soon)
3. Click on Content -> E00008EED808B19C (will be different per profile) -> 545407E7
(will be different per profile)
-> 00000001 -> Save0001.sav
(picture will be added soon)
(it could be any save I'm just using 0001 as an example.)
4. Click on/Highlight your .sav and press the extract and place it in a separate folder so it will be kept organized if you will be doing multiple mod's with multiple save files.
(MAKE SURE TO SAVE A BACKUP JUST INCASE YOU MESS UP!!)
5. Open Willow Tree, click on the little tree in the upper left corner, and click open and navigate to your save.
6. Click your save and you can change anything you want. (but there ARE limitations..)
Max Level = 70 (not sure if it can be changed to that.)
Max skills points = 255.
Max Money = 16777215
Max EXP = 16777215
Max ammo cap for weapons --> Borderlands Ammo amounts
7. After your done editing go under File and click Save As. Make sure you save it as it was before
(ex: if it was called Save0001.sav then save as Save0001.sav)
8. Open up CONcept and click open then find your .sav and press Rehash/Resign on the bottom. Then exit it.
(press Rehash/Resign 2 or 3 tiems to make sure it works)
9. Open the Xbox 360 Hash Block Calculator. Press File, and open your .sav then press Tools and Calculate Blocks.
(press the Calculate Hash Blocks twice to make sure it works)
10. Go back into the USB XTAF Xplorer and go back to where your .sav file was before in it and delete it. After successfully deleting your old save, Inject the modded save.
(picture will be added soon)
11. Unplug your USB Flash Drive from the Computer and plug it into your xbox and go into borderlands and load up
You can move your character back onto your Hard Drive if you want to. I do NOT reccomend doing so, unless you feel like you need/want to, it's really up to you.
If you have any problems PM me, or Carbon12 and we'll try to help.
This file has everything you need to mod Borderlands, and will be Constantly updated with most recent version's of the programs.
If you have followed this guide correctly, i will not post a little tutorial on Willow tree about a fast way to add weapons and the over 200mil shield.
1. Download this file that contains many variations of weapons.
LINK: (same as the link above)
2. Open up Willow Tree and click on the upper left tree and open your save file.
3. After you have opened your save file, go over to the Weapons or Items tab and click on "Insert - From file.
4. Select what you would like to insert, in my example i am inserting the Rose Omega (over 200mil shield)
5. When your done adding/deleteing weapons/item, just simply save, delete and inject.(refer back to step 10)
Then your done!
Last but not least, the display in which the weapons should be in a .txt document should look like is this .