Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 08:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Fast Melee Swings the Easy Way

Old   #1
elite*gold: 209
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,571
This is a known method, but not many use it since it is awkward to do manually. Even with a macro keyboard I found that you have to reach way over the keyboard to push the macro button & then you have your hands off of your mouse. So I wrote up this quick macro that anyone can use with

First of all, in game open up your options tab, go to keymapping & assign your Right Mouse Button, or which ever button you're used to for swinging, to a button that isn't being used. I used p.

Exit the game & install autohotkey.

Open notepad & make a file called *anything*.ahk.

Paste this text into it:

Send {Tab}1p2p 
Now, double click on this file & it will automatically open.

Start your game up & put two different weapons in your 1st tool bar in the 1st & 2nd slots.

Swing away!

and here is another method:

I personally use a Nostromo speedpad while playing instead of my keyboard and I have 4 buttons on it set for the 4 different weapon sets. I set my W key to do a single attack, just like hitting the mouse button once. Then have my weapon sets in the #1, #2, #3, and #4 hotkey slots. I also made sure not to put any keyboard delays in the macro.

My macro for the speedpad looks like this:

1 Key Press
1 Key Release
W Key Press
W Key release

The first key press equips a weapon from hotkey slot #1
The second key press executes a single attack from said melee weapon

So seeing as equipping a weapon and then swinging right away negates the melee swing delay, you now have a super fast melee swinging macro. However you do this, whatever the method you use... try it. It works, and it works well.

Old   #2
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 0/0/0
There is also the trick where you spam your sunder/trip/etc button while attacking and you attack faster, although it repeats your first attack, even if you have 2-3, or more attacks per round. Useful in a tight situation.
Old   #3
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 0/0/0
I made a video of it working, small, crappy quality, but im no encoder :P