Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 11:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Easily Defend the Library

Old   #1

elite*gold: 209
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,573
To the best of my knowledge this is the quest that wipes the most groups, here is the solution:

Obviously you need a well disciplined group, and you need a Wizard that understands he is ONLY going to cast two spells, that is Web and Fireball. You must defend the named NPC for 16 minutes, against a never ending barrage of mobs, the other NPC?s can be ignored. Quite a few groups try the ?Block? method, where you try to block the NPC in a corner and keep him in one place so he does not die, however he usually gets out anyway, and dies. Here is the strat that I have used, and it has worked perfect every time it was done.

Your party MUST have at least 1 Wizard and 1 Cleric. (Two Clerics are better)

1. Have your ?main? Cleric totally mana dump on extended buffs.
2. At 14:30 have your Wizard cast 2 webs between every bookcase and 1 web in the middle, looks like this:

Another run, same strat:

3. Your Wizard will do NOTHING except keep those webs casted, every time 1 drops, he/she needs to replace it. The only time the Wizard uses a few Fireballs is when you get Mephits spawning in the middle.(They are mixed Mephits, so some will be immune to fire)
4. Your Cleric that dumped his mana on buffs will use all Divine Vitality to replenish the Wiz?s mana, (After the first round of web casting) then recall out and go rest at the inn, then come back in with full mana.

Simply keep the NPC safe, all other concerns are meaningless, there is a rez and rest shrine 5 seconds from the center of the Library. If you do everything correctly, you will complete the mission easy. Look at this screenshot and the TONS of mana I have left over, I should have nuked more, but the group did not need it.

Notice we did that run with only 1 Cleric?