Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 11:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

CoV A Guide to using /loc

Old   #1
elite*gold: 20
The Black Market: 0/0/0
What are my coordinates and how do I use them?

A particular area of a map consists of coordinates, set up in an grid format of (X,Z,Y). These points can be used, in conjunction with your in-game compass, to find stuff.

+ X represents the West (+) or East (-) directions
+ Z represents the height above ground [Up (+)] or the height below ground [Down (-)]
+ Y represents the North (-) or South (+) compass points

Note: A positive or negative sign indicates the given direction along a particular axis
If a coordinate lacks a positive or negative counter, it is always considered to be positive
Coodinates 0,0,0 represents the very centre of any zone map, at ground level
All maps are of different sizes and shapes and thus may have vastly different coordinate limits

An Example:

In Atlas Park, the freedom badge is located at coordinates of +130, +122,-640. So, the badge would be found by travelling from the middle of the map West 130 yards, Up 122 yards, and North 640 yards.

How do I see my coordinates?

You can access your coordinates at any time in any of the following ways:

+Type /loc or /pos
+Select the 'Menu' and 'Options' item. Under 'Controls', seek out the 'Get Position' item. Assign this command to any key of your choice (I use P for my position but the P key is assigned to the powers tab by default so you may wish to choose another key)
+Create a bind or macro to utilize the /loc or /pos command. For example: /bind p "loc" or /bind macro loc "loc"

An example of how it looks on a map:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post-38-1133021963.jpg (45.0 KB, 10 views)

Old   #2
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 0/0/0
Nice. Thankyou for this, as I never really used it before, and never really understanded it much. This clears everything that I would have asked about it, and it even has an example (which I find great as I was sort of still wondering when you told me about the X,Z,Y, until I saw the example).

Anyway, thanks again, and for anyone who wants to know, you can find the location of most badges on