Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 19:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

How To Get Level 20 As A Craftsmen For Free

Old   #1
elite*gold: 209
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,571
Ok so here it is how to get to level 20 as a craftsman for almost nothing!

This is not the fastest way to level your craftsman but it is the cheapest and a good way to turn a profit while getting your character crafting. Also a general crafting tip is that spamming your trade skills is always a good idea because it gives you better results. Your tier 2 crafting skills are for quality so they can help fix your quality if it starts to fall.

Things you will need to do this:
- Lots of free time
- Some start-up capital (about 50 silver should cover this)
- Six 8-slot bags (not necessary but really helpful)
- Membership into on of the crafting guilds (I like Brokerage of Nepeta Cararia in Stonestair Byway because it is really close to the bank, after level 10 I joined Laborers of Luclin and it is even closer to the bank)

Ok the first thing you are going to do is to create an alt and harvest the elm in the basement of Malvonicus? Tower I gathered 12 stacks and this got me real close to level 10 (thanks to Tre for his post). After you have 12 stacks put them into your shared bank and you can begin to start crafting. Your crafter will need to buy the Artisans Essentials volume 3.

What you will be making until Level 10:
Chrolo Resin
- Elm (harvested)
- Water (6 cp)
- Candle (6 cp)
Pristine craft gets you and you can sell them to the broker for 7 cp a piece not he best profit but you can make them easy and free and turn a little profit doing this. I was able to buy all of the level 3 - 9 crafting books by doing this.
12 stacks x 20 per stack = 240 crafts
240 crafts x 12 cp per craft = 2880 cp cost
240 crafts x 3 per craft x 7 cp sell back = 5040 cp profit
5040 profit - 2880 cost = 2160 cp profit
Total profit from getting to level 10 = 21 silver 60 copper

Ok after you get to level 10 you need to go do a quest to declare your Craftsman status. The NPC name is Alethea Augustine in West Freeport, she is upstairs in the Coalition of Tradesfolk building. Now you will need to join your level 10 crafting society. After you do that buy your level 10 Craftsmen book and we are ready to go on up to level 20.

Ok you will need a little bit more start-up capital because things get a little bit more expensive after level 10 if you can get a hold of the Level 10 outfiter and scholar books it woud be well worth your while if not it is no big deal but you will need to find those type of crafters.

Things you will need from other crafters!
Stroma Resin (you need so much of this it is ridiculous)
Iron sheets
Iron studs

On a side not all of these items are level 10 crafting recipes so if you can get a hold of the books better for you, you can be totally self sufficient till level 20.

What you will be making (I will start the other crafters recipes if you get the books)
Stroma Resin
- Raw Maple
- Water
- Candle
Eothith Temper
- Raw Iron
- Water
- Candle
Iron Bar
- Raw Iron
- Eothith Temper
- Coal
Iron Sheet
- Iron Bar
- Eothith Temper
- Coal
Iron Stud
- Iron Bar
- Eothith Temper
- Coal
Maple Lumber (this nets you 2 maple scraps as well as the lumber at pristine)
- Raw Maple
- Stroma Resin
- Sand Paper
Planned Maple
- Maple Lumber
- Stroma Resin
- Sand Paper
Turned Maple Lumber
- Maple Scraps
- Stroma Resin
- Sand Paper
Maple Strong Box
- Planned Maple
- Iron Sheet
- Iron Stud
- Sand Paper

Ok prices will vary on all crafted items and if you do not want to harvest the raw materials needed will vary as well. With that being said you can make a lot of money from Turned Maple Lumber and Maple Strong Boxes. Turned Maple Lumber get you 3 items per craft which can be sold to the vendor for 1 silver piece. Your other big-ticket item is Pristine Maple Strong Boxes; they have 12 slots and can be sold for 30 - 40 silver pieces per craft. You will be able to make quite a bit of coin while getting to level 20. I would not start making boxes until you get to Level 17 because it will be tough for you to get pristine.

*DISCLAIMER* I only use pristine crafts and everything talk about in this tutorial or considered to be pristine. These are my experiences and are subject to change with patches and such.