Digital Media Exchange (dme) has just announced the addition of Hero Online to its online games portal, mobiusgames. Fans of the popular MMORPG will now be able to download the game at
and use ePoints to purchase from the online store.
In a channeling agreement between Netgame and dme, players in Southeast Asia will be able to play on a brand new server through mobiusgames where they will all begin at the same level. As Hero Online has already been available since 2006 in other countries outside of Southeast Asia, this will help in developing a strong community with new players who will be learning Hero Online at the same time.
Hero Online is based on the Oriental Fantasy genre which is very familiar to Southeast Asian players because of the similarities in culture. The game boasts five characters to choose from, each with their own special skills and abilities:
1. The Master of Gunn – Gon, The Ruthless Blade - A contract killer, he is proficient in both long and short ranged weapons such as the bow and sword. He excels in luring distant enemies close to kill them quickly. His combat abilities are average, but he can develop into a prominent force by hunting/taming animals or mining minerals.
2. Holy Oracle, The Elegant Mystic – Proficient with the Spear, Rod and Claws, she is excellent in close combat. She has the ability to learn medicine either to cure herself and/or other partners or to attack using poison skills.
3. The Empress of Bo – Ta, The Piercing Eyes – The legendary sword artist of Bo – Ta Mountains, she mainly uses sword and has the ability to cloak herself. She can develop into a character that uses cloaked attacks and/or one that detects enemies that are cloaked.
4. Lord of Strength, The Overseer of the Sky – He remains neutral in the ultimate war between Zuang And Shaopa. His life revolves only around martial arts. Swings only the Spear, Rod and Axe, he is the most powerful when it comes to combat abilities. Once developed, he can increase individual and group combat ratings.
5. Descendant of Hyun – Eum Tribe, Majestic Muse – She is the direct descendant and also the successor of the Hyun – Eum Tribe. She is usually a musician who travels around the world and visits taverns to play her instrument and sing. She has the ability to fight with instruments by loading the sound waves with energy to attack. Also, she is fluent with using dual swords. Her appearance is to reinforce and encourage defending heroes to withstand the impending doom.
A special feature in Hero Online which gamers are sure to enjoy is the Bounty System, where players are allowed to offer bounties for anyone willing and capable of taking down a targeted player. Another is the dungeon system where players can group together and take advantage of each character’s unique skills to take on an instance dungeon to obtain XP and gold. Lastly, there is also a cash item shop with over 300 or so items such as buff items, costumes, crafting tools, potions and others.
Try out Hero Online now by visiting
and find out if you have what it takes to be a Hero.