Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 23:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hunter-bot for EverQuest 2

Discussion on Hunter-bot for EverQuest 2 within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

View Poll Results: Would you like to use a hunter-bot for EverQuest 2?
Yes, that would help me through the boring process of leveling! 86 96.63%
No, i play another game or for other reasons wouldn't use such bot. 3 3.37%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hunter-bot for EverQuest 2

My 4th big project is soon going to come alive and i just wanted to see how many on E-PVPs would be intrested to see a release of a bot for EverQuest 2.

So far i've implemented:
  • Waypoint system: Define a path for your character and watch it run along, killing suitable targets within defined levels.
  • Anti-wander: Define how far away from the path your character should be able to hunt.
  • Advanced fighting: If your target is surounded by aggressive NPCs, your character will try to pull the target out.
  • If more NPCs attack while you're fighting, your character will consider fleeing or attacking based on your current HP/Power, how long your previous fight took and the level of the additional NPC.
  • If defined, your character will not attack elite NPCs and stay away from it not to pull it by accident.
  • Targets fighting another player is not attacked.
  • Aggressive NPC avoidance: When HP/power is low, your character will find a safe spot and rest/regain.
  • While resting or running from a fight, your character will avoid the NPCs that are aggressive in your vicinity in order not to pick a fight.

Still to do:
  • Obstacle avoidance: Your character will try to avoid an unpassable rock, a tree or a wall.
  • GUI: A graphical user interface easy to understand and configure.
  • Autoupdate: When EQ2 is patched, the bot automaticly downloads an update.
  • Class support: Right now, the character will fight the target up close. The bot will need minor ajustments if the character is a caster or has pets
Thanks
6 Users
Old 10/19/2007, 04:15   #2

Hi Faldo,
just keep your good work and release your nice advanced Bot :-). But I hope you know how to defeat DMA ;D.

Normal
Old 10/19/2007, 12:12   #3

Heya and thanx for being the only one who bothered replying
Yeah, i've been hacking for abot 7 years now and have some aces up my sleves when it comed to DMA
I've got one more function to complete before i make the GUI of the bot, then i'll release the beta version for testing =)
Old 10/19/2007, 20:19   #4

Hi,
dont get annoyed of the little answers here, but i can guarantee, that thread is beeing watched by many users :-). The most of the users here, are just watching and only some of them post answers ;D. I released serveral other bots to all kind of mmorpgs, so i respect your work and time in it ^^. Just keep your work and release something ;-D.

Normal
Old 10/19/2007, 20:24   #5

I had to change some things in the bot before i made the GUI, i wasn't pleased with the way it regained HP/Power...
Now it's fixed and the bot has been running 6 hours straight without any problems. It made 5 levels and collected 20 gold so it's working pretty **** good right now =)
I'll keep you updated.
Old 10/27/2007, 14:05   #6

At last , the time has come for a beta version of my EverQuest2 level-bot to be tested
I need people who play EQ2 and want to be apart of the beta test to contact me through MSN:

You will recieve a copy of the bot and then keep me informed of how well it works, bugs, suggestions etc.

If everything works as planned, i'll release the beta version to the public asap.
Old 10/31/2007, 01:17   #7

You can download the beta version: 0.01 of the level-bot here:

The bot does not support ranged combat nor pets as of yet and some functions are disabled for now. Test it out and see what results you come up with. Please give me feedback on the GamersAid.com forum.
Old 11/21/2007, 02:05   #8

too bad I am a caster, I'll have to wait for a caster/ranged supported version otherwise I'd be glad to give ya a hand to test things
Old 12/16/2007, 14:08   #9

I am interested in this.
You can contact me at .

Ill do all the testing you want.
Old 07/03/2008, 23:59   #10

is this for hunters only or sumthing or for every type of character
Old 07/21/2009, 00:32   #11

elite*gold: 25
sry i can't help you
Old 09/08/2014, 20:16   #12