Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 02:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

HS removal help request

Discussion on HS removal help request within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
HS removal help request

Well I heard that some ppl know how to completely remove it...can someone either pm that to me OR write a guide how to get rid of the **** whats left over? Im just tired of all the errors while Im trying to tab out of the game -_-"
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/26/2009, 17:41   #2

Removing Hacksheild should happen automatically.
If you have experienced a hacksheild crash or error, then the logs & files remain behind.
Hastur stated that it was having difficulty in being removed from some clients, I am not 100% sure but I think it was due to Hacksheild storing information about users.

One method is to try using "dummy's" patcher from the official forums.
This will delete unnecessary files from the //Gravity directory.
Once deleted & fully patched - run "Full Check" using the normal patcher (dont use dummy's permanently)
Full check SHOULD remove hacksheild information from the exe.

Otherwise you could try delete the folders and files from:
//Gravity/Requiem/ "HSmsg(?)"
and
//Gravity/Requiem/System/ "Hacksheild"
Then running full check.

NB: even if "full check" gives you error "client is corrupt - reinstall" it should still sort out the hacksheild folders & files before it checks the .vdk files which is where it usually stuffs up.

I am not 100% sure if this will work for you because for me, Hacksheild was successfuly removed without any problems automatically. One day i logged in, and it was gone ^_^

Good luck
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/26/2009, 21:44   #3

2nd way WORKED PERFECTLY! (never thought full check would help where just deleting those 2 folders fails)