Has anyone started breaking the encryption and figuring out the game packets?
Primarily, my largest interest is building a proxy, not so much a bot, so the intricate details in the login processes etc are not so important, just making sure you can properly decrypt packets. Then the interest becomes packets regarding mob/player/npc/item spawns, drops, movement packets, etc etc.
If you've already got a lot of information going, I'd be willing to work with you on an external high-quality radar (say you run it on your laptop sitting next to your computer that shows a great deal of information, and even lets you automatically do some things like auto-grabbing loot etc).
Goals would be in the basic stages:
1. Display full-screen a wide-area radar with a map overview, render in OpenGL (so it can be run on linux systems, for those of you with linux laptops!)
2. Display all players, NPCs, monsters, items, etc in customizable colors with icons for class type next to players with a customizable radius (order players in blue, destro in red, monsters in green, NPCs in purple, lootable corpses in yellow, and stationary objects in white)
3. Perform packet-level injections and modifications for things that can be exploited, such as teleports, speedhacks, attack hit speed hacks, damage hacks, etc etc. Can be made to support a scripting language so botting features *COULD* be added using the filter.
4. If on-map teleporting is supported, the radar should support a click-to-teleport functionality so that you can right-click anywhere on the radar and be teleported there as well as entered coordinates.
5. Display filters to hilite or show only certain types of mobs or static objects (questing help).
6. Display an optional aggro radius display for mobs, and skill radius display for players (such as show a 50ft radius around players so you can roughly see where their skill ranges are, adjustable of course per-class and even per-player).
More options as development continues and people make suggestions.
It could be either a free to use type thing or pay to use, I really don't care one way or the other as long as it's fair