Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why

Discussion on Why within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Why

I have a theory about our game requiem,

If you look at the whole structure of the game what do you see? The question that is subcontiously answered by the fact your logging to the world is why am i playing this game? The main answer to about 90% of all gamers is to gain levels. To requiem it is probably 99%.

To sum up, requiem is a game that is focused too much on leveling. That is why after level 30 the intrest levels go down because the amount of time put into the game for getting a level skyrockets. Although this is good in a game so that people strive for a goal that once acheived gives them satisfaction there also must be other options to chose from. One thing "I do not in any way think requiem is a bad game, it is the best free mmorpg i have ever played". My soul purpose is the advancement of fun i get from playing this game.

Question: How can we have fun as users playing the game where we can create opertunities, and how have you had fun in this game?

For example: Wouldnt it be cool if you had a coloseam fight, ok ok, you have one guild that monitors all betting, then you have two people duke it out and the winner gets the profits. It would be a little dificult to organize but it would be fun.
Old 02/04/2009, 14:27   #2

Just wondering why your posting suggestions in this forum? Why don't you try the games official forum?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/05/2009, 01:49   #3

hmm, that would yeild a better response. Good idea
Old 02/05/2009, 11:41   #4

lol ^
But true, requiem is heavily level-based. But if you find a good guild or group of people, you end up raiding more - helping lowbies more - playing pvp together more, exploring new places, starting new alts together, trying different builds.
The list goes on. Its only limited by what you can stand/enjoy doing.
Old 02/05/2009, 14:45   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatacid View Post
Its only limited by what you can stand/enjoy doing.
And how much grinding your willing to do lol.

It could have been an amazing game, but they screwed it up with the stupid amount of grinding. Or, at least put a decent amount of quests after level 60.
Old 02/05/2009, 16:20   #6

Think theres so much grinding so you'd be tempted to buy premium.
Old 02/07/2009, 09:37   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhq View Post
Think theres so much grinding so you'd be tempted to buy premium.

Even with it, theres still weeks of grinding to get to the current cap level. Think of what it'll be like when they release 5.0 and increase the level cap even more without implementing any new quests, or other ways of gaining xp other than mind numbing repetative grinding. Doesn't even take any skill to do. You just do the exact same thing over and over a few 1000 times.
Old 02/07/2009, 17:00   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMan411 View Post
(sic)...You just do the exact same thing over and over a few 1000 times.
Hence the need for a bypass!
The longer people stay in the game, the better it is for the game. regardless of if they hack or not. And if they need a bypass to hack or bot, then they should be allowed to, as long as they dont start annoying others (bot spammers are rather annoying).
Anyone figured out how to bypass the latest hackshield yet? or know how to make a .exe undetectable, so i can at least play with my bot again? PM me if you want ^^ lol
Old 02/08/2009, 08:51   #9

No idea myself, can't really be bothered to try and learn how to make one either. If they actualy had some new content which made the game worth playing properly, I probaboly would, but there are better games out there with more content and more players. Gravitys fault for doing absolutly nothing with what could have been a really good game.
Old 02/15/2009, 19:34   #10

i dont care about the leveling...im just enjoying the naked women and the blood in german we call it SPLAAATTTEEERRRR...

and btw..i love splatter. ^^
Old 02/16/2009, 01:19   #11

splatter is good. and so is naked turans
anyone found a .vdk repacker yet?
Old 03/23/2009, 02:14   #12

Well thats an easy one to answer to the OP. Requiem is a pve game, while it does have alot of pvp to it, it isnt focused on it like MOST mmos become. You can easily tell this by the server types. 2 pve and 1 pvp. If your looking for a die hard pvp mmo requiem probly isnt the game for you.