Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 23:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Discussion on New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old 09/19/2012, 12:59   #46

elite*gold: 0
Let me take a little more time to explain I guess. We used some dds files to give you similar look and feel for alpha but we redid those images meaning we built all the framing and polygons system that gives it shape ourselfs. We Have a much higher quality graphic game then this alpha but since I started this project to imulate shaiya for you guys I keep it so for alpha testing purposes. The only thing that will stay in game is the system behind it meaning the skill sets, animations and classes of characters. The buildings gear weapons will be replaced with a much higher quality designed set from us. This alpha is a great tester for us to see how many people can play with or without lag issues and how well skill sets work in single and party play. Once we know the system is solid we will then drop our graphics in it thus waiting protects a lot of hard work from us. Again what we are saying about (all ours) means all programming is 100% us including all polygon buildings, people , weapons, and mounts. We did modify dds files to again give you a comfort feel while learning new system for alpha.
Just so you know this is our heaviest map for polygons as well. All our stuff is much higher quality but we took the time to dimenish polygon count so that it is 80% lighter then most games so that you don't have to have ubber computer to play it.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/19/2012, 14:29   #47

why when you create videos your character doesnt show?
Old 09/19/2012, 14:42   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murik13 View Post
why when you create videos your character doesnt show?
We left it first person view to show maps. You can play first person view or third person view
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/19/2012, 17:56   #49

How will the leveling system be? As far as max levels and the rate of leveling? Will there be more of a hardware requirement for this vs regular shaiya? How many gigs is the initial program+files?
Old 09/19/2012, 19:06   #50

I was always dreaming of a different and better Shaiya, now even if I am not taking part in it atleast I see it! Wow, did you work on it from before or just started? Hope you had it from before, because I can't wit to play it!
Old 09/19/2012, 19:09   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Dev]RiseAgainst View Post
How will the leveling system be? As far as max levels and the rate of leveling? Will there be more of a hardware requirement for this vs regular shaiya? How many gigs is the initial program+files?
Our game will require less then original shaiya. Even though our grapihcs are of higher quality we have done two things to make this faster for the client. First off we lowered the polygons in each object 80% while still having higher graphics. Second we have the game set up so that only 30 meters around the character is actual 2d or 3d while everything else is a jpeg image until you get close to it. This allows for better quality without have better computer since you only load the part of map that is around you. This is called billboarding if you need to research.

For the first 3 months it will be to lvl 15 only. As the cleintel expands we will open more and more of the game. Every three months we will add content including quest, maps, mobs, ect ect. We do not want everyone to have to non stop grind and not enjoy game. By releasing little by little the lvl caps we can ensure that all play pvp and pve without having to play 24/7 to stay caught up to everyone else.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/19/2012, 19:55   #52

First of all, your game looks gorgeous and I'm look forward to test. You're doing a great job. I just have a question, do you already have a website (if yes, can you give the link please)?
Old 09/19/2012, 19:56   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootBoomer View Post
First of all, your game looks gorgeous and I'm look forward to test. You're doing a great job. I just have a question, do you already have a website (if yes, can you give the link please)?
and we putting new site up tomorrow
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/19/2012, 19:59   #54

So when will this be released? Even a small part, but I love it!
Old 09/19/2012, 22:12   #55

This need more views.
Old 09/19/2012, 22:36   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Admin]Xperience View Post
So when will this be released? Even a small part, but I love it!
Hey guys, we're intending on releasing a small alpha testing phase in approximately a month's time. It will include all of the classes, a portion of the skills some quest and quite a few mobs for you guys to grind on. There will be 7 maps for the alpha phase and will be broken down in the following way.

As you know the game will be divided up into 4 factions. Each faction will have another faction which they can party and play with and then two other factions which they will play against.

Fire and Wind will be paired up and Water and Earth will be paired up.

Each faction will have their own map to start out in and play in with just their faction.

They will then move onto the next map allowing for them to play with another faction.

Finally all the factions will join together on a final alpha map to play with and against each other in a PvPvE environment.

Total there will be 7 maps total not including a few dungeons where players can grind and kill bosses.

We will slowly release more content as we get closer to the official release date.

If you have any questions please ask. You can reach me here or on our forums.

Thanks-
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/20/2012, 00:10   #57

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
You can count me in for that alpha phase
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/20/2012, 00:15   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
You can count me in for that alpha phase
Thank you and we are replacing the user interface and making new vids so people will not have to ask about the graphics.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/20/2012, 04:19   #59

Count me in for the Alpha! I look forward to this game, and what comes with it.
Old 09/20/2012, 09:43   #60

elite*gold: 23
Whew Whew! , I'm already excited! , Just kinda waiting !