Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 03:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Old   #256

elite*gold: 0
GmBanHammer and Alio send their apologizes for not responding. Due to the Hurricane that is currently bombarding their location, they are without power. I am currently out of state visiting family which is why I am able to communicate with you now.

The Servers and Websites are currently running on Battery backup but if the power does not come back on soon then they will be offline until the power does come back. There is massive Flooding and this is preventing them from hooking up the generators since they are currently under water.

This situation is also going to delay the new Videos we promised you. As soon as the storm has passed and the Power/flooding issue has been fixed we can continue work on the Game and Videos. We are very sorry but as you can see it is out of our hands atm.

We will update as soon as things calm down.
Lets hope this storm passes fast and causes no more damage then it already has.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks
7 Users
Old   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxHITxXx View Post
Have you looked into World of Warcraft coding? I don't know how they did it, but they have a MASSIVE open world with four thousand players plus. Huge mountains, MASSIVE database, Huge detail, and so many features. Maybe get some option settings and/or coding ideas from it's code. They truly have a secret for people not to lag with such a big world. Maybe it's the zone rendering or something. That could play a BIG part in lag. We really won't have lag if it's map based like Shaiya or Zone based like World of Warcraft. Really wish I could code so I could help further.
sry for a lil bit off topic but this has to be: ever got the idea that WoW might not be lagging bc the graphics are so crappy? <.<

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #258

The power is back on and the websites are up again. Everyone is fine however there is a lot of damage. GmBanHammer will post soon to let you know where we stand after we had time to see what we have and do not have due to flooding.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #259

Any update on the conditions of the beta release?

Thanks
1 User
Old   #260

Sorry everyone about the delay. The storm has done a lot of damage and has put us behind schedule.
We will make an update on time table AND post a new video within the next 3 days.

Perfection takes time and we want to make sure everything is as perfect as possible.

Thanks
Thanks
5 Users
Old   #261

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 4,962
Considering what Sandy did, is the Release Date Countdown timer still good, and the alpha testing starting on the 19th of November ?
Thanks
1 User
Old   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
Considering what Sandy did, is the Release Date Countdown timer still good, and the alpha testing starting on the 19th of November ?
Thanks to the storm we are going to be delayed a few weeks. She really did some major damage. GmBanhammer will post with the new video on Wednesday or Thursday and give a more exact release date.
We will also update the count down timer on website at that time. We are still going through everything to make sure we give you an accurate time.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #263

elite*gold: 15
The Black Market: 121/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruple View Post
Thanks to the storm we are going to be delayed a few weeks. She really did some major damage. GmBanhammer will post with the new video on Wednesday or Thursday and give a more exact release date.
We will also update the count down timer on website at that time. We are still going through everything to make sure we give you an accurate time.
Yeah we do know about that storm.. but you guys do a good job through.
and Im exited about the new video too!

good luck guys , still waiting!
Old   #264

Hi all sorry for late vids but we had water issues amoung other things. We should have office completely fixed within next few days. Here is a video on interface and soon we willl be posting other videos on skills. Ascended -User Interface Demo- - YouTube
We will update the counter in site as soon as we have office back together but we are probably a week off now from timer.
Thanks
7 Users
Old   #265

*Limited Intelligence Disclaimer: Chances are I don't know what I'm talking about, don't flip a nut if the chances are against my favor and happen to result in an inaccurate statement, just correct it and move on*. One thing I would like to toss out there is that you want to make sure that your inspiration coming from Shaiya is just that, an inspiration. From what I've seen, the influence does seem.... a little too evident I guess. Remember if you're making it, you can do whatever the ******* you want with it, so if it is happening, make sure to stay away from Shaiya tunnel vision. (I particularly am referring to the video you just posted, one of the panels just seemed severely suffering from repeatitus, although it may have just been a coincydink)
Old   #266

Can you guys add some sort off macro/keybinding options?

(Macro Example) Macros should be like this, (castsequence reset=target Fireball, Storm, flames). This way we can cast 3 spells with one button by pressing the button 3 times and the rotation resets when we gain a new target. This frees up more space for more skills.

(Keybindings Example) Keybindings should allow us to hotkey certain keys to action bars. Like instead of clicking 0 on my keyboard I can press E, it lets us have faster reaction time, and calls for better combos/rotations. Shaiya let us do this to a certain extent but wasn't all that great.

Also for potions I was thinking that you can use a potion but its cooldown doesn't reset until you are out of combat. And to negate healing, should make it where every class has a few skills that heal them, such has healing over time or a fixed base heal. This makes it more challenging and makes people think during battle. Also limits the "HEAL DAMMIT" in stressful situations. I don't know about you but I hate the idea of potions that cooldown fast, makes it annoying when you are hitting someone then they heal with a potion then run until their potions are on cooldown. This fixes that.

Sorry if It seems like I am getting these ideas off of WoW/GW2 but they are good properties to have in a game.
Old   #267

I'm really not a fan of the interface. For one, it's giant and doesn't look sleek or modern at all. It's bland and it looks like something that would be in a child's game. The font is a silly comic-type font, once again, huge. There's no color to the interface at all, except that giant yellow bar that comes off as distracting imho. Overall the interface is lacking so much and once again, looks like it could fit easily into a child's game. For me, interface is a big part of my playing experience and enjoyment. If I hate an interface, I won't enjoy the game very well. I do hope you guys go over and revise this as it's just a big, ugly eyesore.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by phemia View Post
I'm really not a fan of the interface. For one, it's giant and doesn't look sleek or modern at all. It's bland and it looks like something that would be in a child's game. The font is a silly comic-type font, once again, huge. There's no color to the interface at all, except that giant yellow bar that comes off as distracting imho. Overall the interface is lacking so much and once again, looks like it could fit easily into a child's game. For me, interface is a big part of my playing experience and enjoyment. If I hate an interface, I won't enjoy the game very well. I do hope you guys go over and revise this as it's just a big, ugly eyesore.
Ya it's just beta, it'll get better.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #269

We will be adding all the graphics for the interface soon. That video just shows the ability of game. Also doing macros is not a problem I myself use them all the time.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #270

I'll definitely give this game a try when it comes out, but I'm curious about something. Is it going to be free to play, pay to win like the real shaiya?