Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 16:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Discussion on New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old 10/22/2012, 22:09   #241

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinacha View Post
On the last video everything looks just amazing.
Only thing that bothers me is just that the floor is kinda too smooth and clean.
Are you able to add some rocks, dirt and details on it?
But anyway, it's already amazing as it is. Only if you're seeking for perfection then do what i said
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotG View Post
yeah, and maybe make something against the repeating texture <.< its extremely noticeable in a city, and bugs me whenever i see a vid of you
Maybe the 2 of u can show how u would make an entire map from scratch...

If not... Please stfu
Old 10/22/2012, 23:17   #242

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,627
stay on topic and cut off the flame ....
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/23/2012, 06:25   #243

We will add a little more detail to maps but if I see that it is going to cause any lag due to more polygons then I will have to take them back out. I was trying to keep maps clean and nice looking so that I could put a lot of detail in the characters in which you always see without taxing your pc.
Ty for sugestions they are always welcome but also remember that there are a lot of sacrafices we have to make in order to keep high quality without lag as well. I will post here after testing results are in and again give us a week or two to put some videos up with character skills and attacks.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 10/24/2012, 00:26   #244

Solution to all your graphics problems:
Allow the use to change his graphics settings.
So then you can have people with good computers run the game with great graphics all around and people with normal computers run the game with good graphics on almost everything.

Case dismissed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/24/2012, 12:36   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linxis172 View Post
Solution to all your graphics problems:
Allow the use to change his graphics settings.
So then you can have people with good computers run the game with great graphics all around and people with normal computers run the game with good graphics on almost everything.

Case dismissed.
We do this already and still I'll stick to same story. We will see how it goes but I am keeping polygons to a certain count so when massive pvp we have no issues. If we move game to udk then this Is less of a issue but with unity 3d we have to be careful. Also if you like a new video up tomorrow we can show full interface to you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/24/2012, 13:31   #246

this game looks ****..i love it! cant wait
Old 10/24/2012, 16:17   #247

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTime View Post
this game looks ****..i love it! cant wait
ur sentence makes no sense <.<
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/24/2012, 17:56   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by buncer View Post
Maybe the 2 of u can show how u would make an entire map from scratch...

If not... Please stfu
lol, im appreciating their work alot :O shamely i couldnt do it better, not even as good as they did, i just wanted to mention it o.o i wish i would be as good as them, but all ive ever managed to do were unfinished pieces of **** in blender, where the scale was messy, or just other stuff, and crappy looking random maps in CE3 >.<
*jealous*

so calm down, it was just a suggestion o.o
Old 10/24/2012, 19:21   #249

elite*gold: 15
The Black Market: 121/0/0
First off , Im amazed to see people making Shaiya more and more better!
Second , I'M Surprised. , Waiting when the game gonna open ♥
So a big good luck to you!
Old 10/24/2012, 21:22   #250

Received Thanks: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibleᵍᶠˣ View Post
First off , Im amazed to see people making Shaiya more and more better!
This isn't Shaiya....it's a whole new game that they got ideas from Shaiya.
I hate when people don't read.
People are becoming more and more stupid by showing that they lack two things:
1. Grammar skills....seriously.
2. The ability to read. Which is really really sad.

Once we have less of the stupid people in the world my faith in society shall return.
Until then I wish to live in a hole. I'm not kidding ._.

Anyway on topic. Good luck on your game.
Not sure what else to say other than that because I won't be here to see it :P
Thanks
5 Users
Old 10/24/2012, 21:46   #251

Thank you everyone for your support!

I do request from the Admins of EPVPer to please create a new section for Ascended sometime in the near future. This way people do not get confused and think we are just another private server. No we are not Shaiya or a Private server. We only advertized here since this is the community we came from and the people we love.

It would be nice to have a home for Ascended here on EPVPer just like Shaiya, WOW, Aion, and so many other great games. Maybe after we launch the Admins will see fit to accommodate.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/24/2012, 23:02   #252

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruple View Post
Thank you everyone for your support!

I do request from the Admins of EPVPer to please create a new section for Ascended sometime in the near future. This way people do not get confused and think we are just another private server.
This needs to be discussed with the administrators after the game has been released to the public; you might want to start by releasing the game, at that time we will need to move this thread to an appropriate section, and after it is noticeable that people is interested enough like to have a whole section for it under the MMORPG section, there is a possibility on having a section for it.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 10/29/2012, 11:49   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmBanHammer View Post
We will add a little more detail to maps but if I see that it is going to cause any lag due to more polygons then I will have to take them back out. I was trying to keep maps clean and nice looking so that I could put a lot of detail in the characters in which you always see without taxing your pc.
Ty for sugestions they are always welcome but also remember that there are a lot of sacrafices we have to make in order to keep high quality without lag as well. I will post here after testing results are in and again give us a week or two to put some videos up with character skills and attacks.
Have you looked into World of Warcraft coding? I don't know how they did it, but they have a MASSIVE open world with four thousand players plus. Huge mountains, MASSIVE database, Huge detail, and so many features. Maybe get some option settings and/or coding ideas from it's code. They truly have a secret for people not to lag with such a big world. Maybe it's the zone rendering or something. That could play a BIG part in lag. We really won't have lag if it's map based like Shaiya or Zone based like World of Warcraft. Really wish I could code so I could help further.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/29/2012, 22:11   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxHITxXx View Post
Have you looked into World of Warcraft coding? I don't know how they did it, but they have a MASSIVE open world with four thousand players plus. Huge mountains, MASSIVE database, Huge detail, and so many features. Maybe get some option settings and/or coding ideas from it's code. They truly have a secret for people not to lag with such a big world. Maybe it's the zone rendering or something. That could play a BIG part in lag. We really won't have lag if it's map based like Shaiya or Zone based like World of Warcraft. Really wish I could code so I could help further.
This has nothing to do with coding. It is all about what the graphics game engine can handle. The current engine we are using can only handle so much before it lags out. This engine was created for single player games. We are the first to have a fully operational MMORPG with this engine. Because of this we will have a much greater following and free advertizing.

GmBanHammer has stated that we are in the process of creating a custom built game engine that will be able to handle everything and some. At that time we will be able to add a more Real Life feel and look to the game. We will have that finished in the next few months. Until then we are limited to how much particle we can add without lagging the system.

We do promise to have a much as possible while keeping the balance of playability and look. We do want the game to look awesome but not at the expense of playability.

This will be an ongoing struggle and we will be constantly making changes to suit what the players want. THIS IS YOUR GAME! It is being created for the players and the players only.

Thank you for your support!
Thanks
8 Users
Old 10/29/2012, 23:26   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruple View Post
This has nothing to do with coding. It is all about what the graphics game engine can handle. The current engine we are using can only handle so much before it lags out. This engine was created for single player games. We are the first to have a fully operational MMORPG with this engine. Because of this we will have a much greater following and free advertizing.
Ahh, ok, I see now thanks.