Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 02:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Priest Class Guide [EN]

Discussion on Priest Class Guide [EN] within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Priest Class Guide [EN]

Found here:

Quote:
Attack Skills:
Do not level Rising tide. It sucks (It has high damage but i just simply don't like 2 second cast spells. In PvP 2 seconds of standing still for me = death.). If you want to level your attack skills, level Bone chill and Stream of light. These two spells have decent damage. Bone chill is basically a dot. You can easily go around dotting several mobs at once.

So once you get to level 8, start maxing out Bone Chill. You'll kill mobs 10x faster. You'll love it.

I will also recommend Ice fog. In CB it was a much higher cast time spell. Seems it got reduced to 1 second now making it a decent spell to use.

Going back to the rising discussion:
Rising tide is by no means a bad spell. But standing still for 2 second isn't my game style. Otherwise i completely recommend it. IF you choose to level Rising tide, you shouldn't level 1 of the other 2 spells (Bone chill or stream of light) I would recommend not leveling stream of light due to how easy it is broken (it's a stream spell).

Why pick between 2 out of 3 spells? Because if you level all your attack spells you'll be gimping your priest from healing power. Your TP is much better used on spells like Faith(Healing % level rise skill at level 24).
Again, i don't choose rising tide because i prefer kiting mobs and enemies. So i spam bone chill and i get a good distance to throw stream of light. Therefore i have no use for a 2 second cast time spell (This decision is my personal preference. It can be argued that rising tide is better than stream of light).
A good combo is rising tide and bone chill.

Healing spells:
Instant heal and Regenerate are your primary spells you'll want to level. The next spells (going by order) would be Heal and Group heal. Why is Heal and Group heal on the last of the list? Because these two spells are basically for end game. Starting in your early levels from 1-35 you'll want to use mainly Instant Heal And Regenerate. Believe me.

Defensive Spells:
You'll definitely want to level Grace of Life. Clothe classes (Priest/mage) are very weak in pdef and have low hp. So all the extra HP you can squeeze in will definitely help you out.
Wave Armor: Well, this spell is decent. But it stops being useful at +10-13
As then it costs too much TP to consider leveling it some more. The amount it blocks, and the cost of TP just isn't worth it.

Gear:
You'll want to mainly pick up gear with HP, Wisdom and Dex bonuses. This brings me to my next topic, stats.

Stats:
As a priest you'll definitely need Wisdom/dex/Hp. If you're playing one right now, you already know why. So i won't go too deep in to it. Also, if you want, you can add pdef rune buffs to your gear. While they don't help too much, if you want to squeeze in some extra stats other than wisdom/hp/dex in to your gear/weps, pdef is definitely a good choice. Though i don't know if there are pdef runes in this version of RoM.
So again, your main stats you're looking for are Wisdom/Hp/Dex.

Survivability:
As a priest, you already know you're very squishy. So, instead of a 2H staff, i would recommend you use 1h and shield. In CB i played around with this a lot, and found that 1h/shield is just a lot better. Sure using a 2H you kill faster, but you'll also be dying much faster.

Remember, using a 1h/shield you have 2 items you can throw stats in to. So you can be more buffed than using a 2h item. So add magical attack power to your 1h/shield and you can compensate for losing some magical attack over the 2H choice. And you can throw all the good stats on both items. So 1h/shield = pro.

Class Combos:
Well, this class combo is my personal opinion. I found Mage to be the best match for a priest primary. Why? Because your priest will benefit from your mage stats. Such as a larger mana pool. More wisdom. And you don't have to switch gear/weps between both classes. Because they both use the same items. This is also known as the "Battle Priest" and probably the most popular combo of all.

And since you're squishy, you really don't wanna walk up to a mob and start using rogue skills on it, do you? You want to keep your distance, throw a few magic attack spells (like fireball/lightning/etc). You're basically a long range fighter because your HP/PDef is the weakest amongst all classes. But believe me, this combo is by far the best in my opinion. And works very well.

Second combo i would recommend would be Priest/Knight.
Why? Because your priest will benefit from higher HP stat bonuses and p def. Along with the knight skills having many shield spells you'll be able to use with the 1h/shield combo i mentioned above.

This is really personal preferrance. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm very knowledgeable about the priest class. :P
Old 12/22/2008, 16:59   #2

elite*gold: 81
Received Thanks: 2,239
It should also be noted that TP is unlimited and can be attained by grindan, smackan, hackan or by TP *****. No need to fear that you have skilled your character wrong.