Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 20:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

different user profiles

Discussion on different user profiles within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
different user profiles

Hello everyone

I wanted to ask if there is a tool for warhammer online which allows to have different user profiles on one pc, so if friends or silblings share or swap computers they do not have to use the same keybindings/ui-settings.

edit: i programmed the tool by myself:
Old 11/24/2008, 23:11   #2

I thought the user configs were saved server-sided for Warhammer? I think i remember reading it somewhere. Have you tried to use different accounts on one computer before? maybe i'm mistaken then if it stays the same regardless of profile.
Old 11/24/2008, 23:41   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogohan1 View Post
I thought the user configs were saved server-sided for Warhammer? I think i remember reading it somewhere. Have you tried to use different accounts on one computer before? maybe i'm mistaken then if it stays the same regardless of profile.
It saves on which button you have which action, but none of the ui settings, macros and addon settings.
Old 11/27/2008, 04:48   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogohan1 View Post
I think you confused this with WoW, which indeed saves everything server sided as of 3.0. Before 3.0 WoW only saved keybindings and actionbars (of course) server-sided. Now it saves everything from keybindings and macros to chat-channels.

What Warhammer really lacks, is the option to set keybindings per character which is quite annoying (especially as some shortcuts are still buggy for at least 6 months)
Old 11/27/2008, 08:08   #5

ahhh ok yea that must be it, probably waws reading patch notes i guesss