Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 04:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

More then one client at once, any ideas?

Old   #31
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 0/0/0
find the function that builds the packet to the server that grabs your IP address (ez winsock call, just breakpoint it and figure out when it's called).

Now just write some code in OllyDbg that modifies one of those octets to be the result of a call to rand() after you call srand with the GetTickCount value (it's just a memory offset btw). Copy the binary olly produces as a result of that assembly (after you've tested that it works), find that bit of code in a hex editor and hex those values in.

Then you have a modified .exe that randomly generates your local IP address (probably most likely the last octet or last two octets), thus you have a 1/256 or 1/65535 chance for a new client to get the same address as your first client.

I won't show you how to do this, but I have told you how and it is very possible, just figure it out. Perhaps someone will post a modified .exe that has the hard work done (for you leechers).

Old   #32

Originally Posted by MrWise View Post
well, NOP'ing the CreateMutexA's works to get 2 clients running, but then it doesnt let me connect to the same game server with two clients :/

So 2 clients normally on my computer can't connect to the same server

but 2 clients with one on a VMware box (both still on my IP) can connect to the same server

so what's the difference between my normal connection and connecting through a vmware virtual machine? in terms of something that could result in this
VMware has his own IP, your pc works like a Gateway, encapsulating VMWare packets with his own IP and mask, this packets are sent to the server and the server replies as if the client is runing on a Lan Nat1, your PC receives the packets and decapsulates them sending it to the VMWare.

When you run Requiem normally the packets are sent with your PC´s IP, packets form the Requiem server are sent to your PC as end Device, not like VMware where are sent like a intermediate Device as a Gateway. So if you run 2 clients normally on the PC, both´s packets are sent as the end device, the server detects that and only can reply to one client.

I imagine that if you have 2 internet connections, like having 2 network interface cards, you could tell each client to connect trouht each interface, that way you have each client running on a diferend end device (the end device is your network card), that should work. The problem is how to tell requiem to connect to which network connection.

I hope that answer your question
Old   #33
When you install VMware, and than install windows with it, the network driver also installs on your pc, and acts like a new gateway. Overall, Vmware works, but it is slow and undependable.
Old   #34
Hey guys, been doing some research on multi-clients and this is the best topic I've found so far. I have the same problem as an earlier post (can run dual clients but can't connect to same server twice). I've used VMWare workstation (game ran and connected but unacceptable due to low framerate) and I've used Sandboxie (clients run great but can't connect to same server). I'd prefer to just use Sandboxie but I need a workaround for the IP thing. I'm very limited in my knowledge of networking but does anyone have a fix that I could work with?

Old   #35
when i want to run 2 at a time i run one through regular 2moons launcher and run another on dekaron unpacked. It works.