Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Python task

Discussion on Python task within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Python task

Hello!

If someone could help me or make me this script i would be really happy since i forgot that i need to make this until tomorow. I can offer league of legends, uplay, netflix accounts in return

Task:
pairs = {("Ana", "Berta"), ("Ana", "Greta"), ("Ana", "Helga"),
("Berta", "Cilka"), ("Berta", "Helga"),
("Cilka", "Dani"),
("Dani", "Ema"), ("Dani", "Greta"), ("Dani", "Helga"),
("Ema", "Fanci"), ("Ema", "Greta"), ("Ema", "Helga"),
("Fanci", "Iva"), ("Fanci", "Jana"), ("Fanci", "Klavdija"),
("Greta", "Helga")}

For simplicity and efficiency, every pair is listed just once, in alphabetic order (e.g. ("Ana", "Berta") and not also ("Berta", "Ana").

The other representation is a dictionary, where keys contain names and the corresponding values are sets of friends.

network = {"Ana": {"Berta", "Greta", "Helga"},
"Berta": {"Ana", "Helga", "Cilka"},
"Cilka": {"Berta", "Dani"},
"Dani": {"Cilka", "Ema", "Greta", "Helga"},
"Ema": {"Dani", "Fanci", "Greta", "Helga"},
"Fanci": {"Ema", "Iva", "Jana", "Klavdija"},
"Greta": {"Ana", "Dani", "Ema", "Helga"},
"Helga": {"Ana", "Berta", "Dani", "Ema", "Greta"},
"Iva": {"Fanci"},
"Jana": {"Fanci"},
"Klavdija": {"Fanci"}
}

The order here is unimportant (actually undefined, since we're dealing with dictionaries and sets). Note that here Berta is listed among Ana's friends and vice versa.
Here is a smaller network that also appears in tests.
Implement the following functions.

• to_map(pairs) gets a list of pairs (like above) and returns a dictionary with the network (like below above).
• to_pairs(network) does the opposite.
• n_friends(network, n) gets a network (the second presentation) and returns a set of names of persons that have exactly n friends.
• lonely(network) returns a set of names of people with only a single friend.
• most_known(network) returns the name of the person with most friends.
• common_friends(network, name1, name2) returns a set of common friends of the two persons.

• by_n_friends(network) returns a dictionary with keys from 1 to len(mreza) - 1 and the corresponding sets of people with that number of friends. For instance, for the small network, the function must return {1: {"D"}, 2: {"A", "B"}, 3: {"C"}}. See the example for the large network in the tests.
• suggestions(network) returns a list of pairs that are not friends but have at least one common friend. The pair must be sorted alphabetically (e.g. ("Ana", "Berta") and not ("Berta", "Ana")).
• clique(network, names) returns True if all persons from the group names know each other, and False otherwise.
• most_commons(network) returns the pair with the most mutual friends.

• strangers(network, names) returns True if the group names contains absolute strangers - not even one pair knows each other -, and False otherwise.
• is_cover(network, names) returns True if the group "covers" the entire network in the sense that every person in the network is either in the group or is a friend with someone in the group.
• triangles(network) computes the number of "triangles" - triplets of people who know each other.

• minimal_cover(mreza) returns the smallest set of names that cover the network (in the sense described at function is_cover, above).

• Write all the above functions in a single line, except for to_dict, to_pairs, minimal_cover, most_known and most_commons. (The latter two are not complicated to write in a single line, but we haven't learned about that yet.)

Thanks
Old 12/01/2016, 23:08   #2

elite*gold: 7
Quote:
I can offer league of legends, uplay, netflix accounts in return
Maybe you should post this in .