Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 17:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

decrypt packets for the 4th coming

Discussion on decrypt packets for the 4th coming within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
Hi, my question is, would the server of a game send decrypted packets ? Because I have a server for the game The 4th Coming,and I also play Conquer Online, and saw what packets can do. The 4th coming server works with a MDB (ms access) and thats where they store all their character information (eg exp,items, accs and so on) and what Im asking, can I send ap acket that would for example give me certain exp because the server does not calculate dmg,exp or anything, it just gives a certain ammount of exp, no matter what. And also Admins of the server have the power of giving flags that can make you summon so and so. So could I just actually decrypt those packets if I have th server ? So i could use these packets on a real server ?
Old 07/08/2005, 01:54   #2

elite*gold: 0
if you have the server source code you could see the packets for the stuff you want if you only have the server you just could capture the packets

ok thats one thing geting the packets but

i am sure that the server checks your account status if you are a admin or gm so you are alowed to use those commands (packets) but if there would be no check you could but who would let everyone use gamemaster commands

but with sending packets you could test the server for flaws in the calculation of exp or dmg for example

oh forgot if the packets are encrypted you have to break the encryption or make a workaround so the client encrypts end decrypts the packets for you
and if i understand rigth you thats the case
Old 07/08/2005, 20:08   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
Ok as far as I see, sending encrypted packets does not DC you. Wierd, and yes they are encrypted, and the source code, well I really don't want to get my hands on that, the last time I remember it costs around $20k-$40k with server and everything. You need certain flags to give GM commands, and I think the server does check, but what if i make character with the same name,account and everything on the actual game servers, then get the packet and maybe someone will help me decrypt them and send it to their servers. Maybe that will help me somehow if it works.

About the exp, as I told you it isn't calculated at all, you just do a random damage, and take form his HP, I have the editor for the server,so I can set how much exp you get a the death and per hit so I can actually see how the exp is on the real servers. I just need someone to try and decrypt these at least. I uploaded the server on a website. Also the game is pretty crappy.
I used to play it and payed for it but got bored. BUt still curios to see and try things. The game is 2D and thats the crappy thing, but has good story lineand pvp system, and also a lot of people and you can get reborn up to 10 times on some servers.
Old 07/08/2005, 21:57   #4

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by XtremeX-CO@Jul 8 2005, 20:08
Ok as far as I see, sending encrypted packets does not DC you. Wierd, and yes they are encrypted, and the source code, well I really don't want to get my hands on that, the last time I remember it costs around $20k-$40k with server and everything. You need certain flags to give GM commands, and I think the server does check, but what if i make character with the same name,account and everything on the actual game servers, then get the packet and maybe someone will help me decrypt them and send it to their servers. Maybe that will help me somehow if it works.

About the exp, as I told you it isn't calculated at all, you just do a random damage, and take form his HP, I have the editor for the server,so I can set how much exp you get a the death and per hit so I can actually see how the exp is on the real servers. I just need someone to try and decrypt these at least. I uploaded the server on a website. Also the game is pretty crappy.
I used to play it and payed for it but got bored. BUt still curios to see and try things. The game is 2D and thats the crappy thing, but has good story lineand pvp system, and also a lot of people and you can get reborn up to 10 times on some servers.
i wish you good luck