Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 17:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Questions regarding Autohack in LHS (probably applies to tSearch as well)

Discussion on Questions regarding Autohack in LHS (probably applies to tSearch as well) within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Questions regarding Autohack in LHS (probably applies to tSearch as well)

I'm trying to use L Spiro's memory editor to freeze my Z coordinate in Planetside by modifying the code. If I use LHS's autohack feature, it gives me a list of 8 instructions that are utilizing the memory storing my character's Z coordinate 0x0CF21C68.

Whether I use MHS or CheatEngine, 6 of these instructions are instructions which read the Z coordinate, and the other two are "MOV ECX, 10". In MHS, the debugger claims that the "MOV ECX, 10" line is the line which writes to 0x0CF21C68.

The next line after the MOV ECX, 10 line is a REP MOVSD, so I guess that's the thing that's doing the actual copying.

Is this just some weird bug that it thinks the MOV ECX is the writing instruction when it is actually the next one? Any idea why CheatEngine and MHS are both doing this exact same thing?