Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 04:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hacking: The Art of Exploitation

Discussion on Hacking: The Art of Exploitation within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up Hacking: The Art of Exploitation

Hacking: The Art of Exploitation

by Jon Erickson

This text introduces the spirit and theory of hacking as well as the science behind it all; it also provides some core techniques and tricks of hacking so you can think like a hacker, write your own hacks or thwart potential system attacks.

Table of Contents
Hacking—The Art of Exploitation
Preface
Chapter 1 - 0x100—Introduction
Chapter 2 - 0x200—Programming
Chapter 3 - 0x300—NETWORKING
Chapter 4 - 0x400—Cryptology
Chapter 5 - 0x500—Conclusion
Index

Hacking is the art of creating problem solving, whether used to find an unconventional solution to a difficult problem or to exploit holes in sloppy programming. Many people call themselves hackers, but few have the strong technical foundation that a hacker needs to be successful. Hacking: The Art of Exploitation explains things that every real hacker should know.

While many hacking books show you how to run other people’s exploits without really explaining the technical details, Hacking: The Art of Exploitation introduces you to the spirit and theory of hacking as well as the science behind it all. By learning some of the core techniques and clever tricks of hacking, you will begin to understand the hacker mindset. Once you learn to think like a hacker, you can write your own hacks and innovate new techniques, or you can thwart potential attacks on your system.

In Hacking: The Art of Exploitation you will learn how to:

Exploit programs using buffer overflows and format strings
Write your own printable ASCII polymorphic shellcode
Defeat non-executable stacks by returning into libc
Redirect network traffic, conceal open ports, and hijack TCP connections
Crack encrypted 802.11b wireless traffic using the FMS attack
If you’re serious about hacking, this book is for you, no matter which side of the fence you’re on.

Torrent download -
Old 09/30/2008, 08:54   #2

elite*gold: 0
Not bad at all, but some of this stuff includes viruses, keep attention.

Quote:
This much-anticipated revision, written by the ultimate group of top security experts in the world, features 40 percent new content on how to find security holes in any operating system or application.
New material addresses the many new exploitation techniques that have been discovered since the first edition, including attacking "unbreakable" software packages such as McAfee's Entercept, Mac OS X, XP, Office 2003, and Vista.
Also features the first-ever published information on exploiting Cisco's IOS, with content that has never before been explored.
The companion Web site features downloadable code files

The Shellcoder's Handbook... Very nice, too!!!
Thanks
1 User