As mentioned earlier this week in a little game of hide and seek info, Aion has announced more details in regards to the upcoming 1.9 patch.
The news is good for most players! Along with fixes and updates, more quests will be added including dozens of daily quests, increase in experience gain, soul healing, soul binding, and transportation cost reductions, and new skills for every class.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a transcript of the meeting to share. Security precautions for the meeting were aggressive—including the use of lava pits and muscular bulls—which made leaking the information during the meeting an uninviting option. The objective of the meeting was to nail down the patch notes of the upcoming version 1.9 patch for Aion.
We don’t know whether it was because of our tactful dialogue with the parties involved, our supreme abilities of persuasion, or perhaps Kinslon’s affinity for chocolate, but we were able to procure permission to publish some highlights about what was discussed in spite of the meeting’s confidential nature.
• New skills for every class (including new skills specifically for countering stun attacks)
• Dozens of daily quests with different objectives and rewards
• New quests, increased quest rewards, and increased instance drop rates
• Dredgion enhancements
• Max item enchantment increased to +15
• An increase in experience gain (including a new experience bonus system: Energy of Salvation)
• Soul Healing, Soul Binding, and Flight Transportation cost decreases
• A mechanic that allows two two-handed weapons to be combined to create one more powerful two-handed weapon
• Looking for group (LFG) functionality improvements
• Numerous user interface improvements
Stay tuned, and make sure to grab the tentative patch notes (far exceeding 20 pages in length) when they’re published later this week.