Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 16:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Genderfakers banned in some MMOs

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
And that's why China is communists. <_<
NO FREEDOM!

Old   #17

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstick5 View Post
but that will only make the female players make male chars cause they will feel akward having togo on their webcam to prove themselves

what about the security thing?
they may take a photo of you and sell their data bases etc when they sell their patents etc :/

Old   #18

Facepalm -.-
Old   #19

I've got a sister O_o

Old   #20

What about the girls that look like dudes...or guys that look like chicks..
Or maybe they have you flash the camera.....
Old   #21

The best way to go about this is to make it optional and making gender checking show an extra status of confirmed.
i.e. Female*, where *Unconfirmed gender

Secondly, you can hide the confirmed status at will. This way, confirmed people can hide like everyone else, but if they really want to prove it they can.
Old   #22

that is stupid.
Quote:
The best way to go about this is to make it optional and making gender checking show an extra status of confirmed.
i.e. Female*, where *Unconfirmed gender

Secondly, you can hide the confirmed status at will. This way, confirmed people can hide like everyone else, but if they really want to prove it they can.
and dat would be nice ... nice ideia dude,2 bad no1 gives a crapp what some guys are talkin bout a gender comproval in a HACKS forum...
Old   #23

uhmmm its called google images + fotoshop... uhmmm sudubeed noobs
Old   #24

Received Thanks: 1,355
damm

now I cant fap anymore to my female characters.

I can always try dressing up like a girl. maybe it actually works lol
Old   #25

Controversy
Posted by in World News

comments 84

In late September, a Chinese MMO company started banning accounts of Male players that play female characters ingame. The reason for the bans is that they firmly believe that you are a homosexual if you do, or that you like to watch your female avatar from behind... And apparently they feel that it shouldn't be allowed to play a character of the opposite gender of your own.

I'd also like to mention that we probably have about 25+ male players in Ensidia that plays a female character.

"A man would want to play a female character is often evidence enough for many in the online community to label someone a homosexual."

Aurora Technology, a subsidiary of MMO giant Shanda that publishes many MMOs in China, including AION, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Company of Heroes Online, started requiring players of their MMO King of the World, to start proving their gender via webcam. The rule, which was first announced in late September, seems to apply only to male players playing female characters and not the reverse.

via Gamepolitics.com
Old   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilclowns View Post
Controversy
Posted by in World News

comments 84

In late September, a Chinese MMO company started banning accounts of Male players that play female characters ingame. The reason for the bans is that they firmly believe that you are a homosexual if you do, or that you like to watch your female avatar from behind... And apparently they feel that it shouldn't be allowed to play a character of the opposite gender of your own.

I'd also like to mention that we probably have about 25+ male players in Ensidia that plays a female character.

"A man would want to play a female character is often evidence enough for many in the online community to label someone a homosexual."

Aurora Technology, a subsidiary of MMO giant Shanda that publishes many MMOs in China, including AION, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Company of Heroes Online, started requiring players of their MMO King of the World, to start proving their gender via webcam. The rule, which was first announced in late September, seems to apply only to male players playing female characters and not the reverse.

via Gamepolitics.com

hahahaha this is purely epic
Old   #27

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 1,546
Stupidest idea ever...I have a mother.
Old   #28

fair enough!
Old   #29

Dumm gelaufen .. ;p
Old   #30

elite*gold: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by strukel View Post
damm

now I cant fap anymore to my female characters.

I can always try dressing up like a girl. maybe it actually works lol
no, since most games have magical armors as in they change shape automatically into its owners shape,... so if you wear an armor that belonged to a woman before, it will just transform magically into a male armor