Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 13:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

First Aion Ban Wave?

Discussion on First Aion Ban Wave? within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
First Aion Ban Wave?

Today we received several reports from Aion-Players in our Aion Forum saying that they got banned. It appears that users of AionSZ Bot are affected increasingly but -as reported in other forums as well- it seems that players got banned unjustly only for using a proxy to play.

So proxyusers and packetbots are the ones affected by the actions of NCsoft, which until now did not name any banreason - neither on the account-page nor via e-mail nor by any statement.

We assume that those bans are the reaction to gold-spammers/farmers who increasingly use proxies to escape attention. NCsoft already announced massive actions against these issues via Twitter.

update: http://na.aiononline.com/forums/issu...articleID=684&
Old 10/10/2009, 16:17   #2

elite*gold: 360
Yea kids started to ban ppl, even they shouldnt...p2p shudnt have perma ban option
Old 10/11/2009, 00:53   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by D00MR4ZR View Post
Yea kids started to ban ppl, even they shouldnt...p2p shudnt have perma ban option
jst cuz p2p doesnt mean shudnt be able to perma ban. If you bot and break the rules you gotta take the consequences...

maybe as it's p2p they shud have a "3 strike ur out" system, where u get caught once, 7 day ban, twice - 14 day, 3 times - forever

either way i think its good they are bannin them and they wont let the game get ruined... like most MMO out there ^^
Old 10/11/2009, 05:52   #4

elite*gold: 20
Well cocobro nice to know that you feel that way. I haven't tried the game, not sure if i want to. I used a bot most of my lvl in silkroad, and i loved it. Well some are haters, and some are users. Not the biz if people wanna use proxy, run the fricken game, stop worrying about the lil stuff. How i feel about it son. Nah perm ban is lil to harsh. where not talking about murder and a life sentence, wish is what perm ban is.
Old 10/11/2009, 08:23   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,084
From looking at the NCsoft forums it appears this campaign they started has caused considerable friendly fire. Perhaps they didn't think this one through before launch? We'll have to wait and see!
Old 10/12/2009, 19:00   #6

LoL Botting on a P2P is kinda stupid. First, when botting, everyone should already know they will be in risk of being caught. I also botted on Silkroad, but ****, Sro is a F2P. Banned? Np make another account work for some weeks and u got it all again.

But Aion isnt like that, u need to pay to play it, so botting or using any other kinda hack/exploit abuse is always a big risk. If one gets banned..well bb make another account pay 50more euros and enjoy <.<
Old 10/13/2009, 20:14   #7

Yeah. It sucks when you get banned in a P2P. Money is being wasted for something you can't use. If NCSoft is banning coz of botting or buying kinah, how come my guildmates who bought from epictoon.com didn't got banned? They said that it's a reliable site but if it's true that one of the major cause of banning is buying kinah, I guess that site is indeed safe.
Old 10/15/2009, 04:37   #8

RE: First Aion Ban Wave?

I feel awful for the players who were impacted by NCSoft's mass banning. Guess the presumption of innocence doesn't apply? The spamming in Aion is probably the worst I have ever seen. Why didn't NCsoft fix this issue..after all...the game has been out for 10 months in China! I think it's time for them to take a look at their own game design and figure out what they can implement to prevent spam from polluting the chat channels.
Old 10/15/2009, 23:19   #9

NCsoft is itching for a class action law suit. First, it designs a game that REQUIRES massive amounts of game currency. Then they sell it to thousands of players for Big Money. THEN they dream up banning players to try and stop abuse of their chat system by Chinese scammers. It's a joke.
Old 01/20/2010, 00:58   #10

If i have 2 accounts. One account i bot on, the other i just play, if the one account gets banned, will the account i just play on get banned also?
Old 01/20/2010, 01:01   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponsiej View Post
If i have 2 accounts. One account i bot on, the other i just play, if the one account gets banned, will the account i just play on get banned also?
your legit account will not be banned, unless caught by there 3rd party system
Old 01/20/2010, 08:39   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobro View Post
jst cuz p2p doesnt mean shudnt be able to perma ban. If you bot and break the rules you gotta take the consequences...

maybe as it's p2p they shud have a "3 strike ur out" system, where u get caught once, 7 day ban, twice - 14 day, 3 times - forever

either way i think its good they are bannin them and they wont let the game get ruined... like most MMO out there ^^
exactly my point.
its there own fault if they use bots they should get perma ban
a ban period would be useless they will keep boting...
or perma ban if they get caught a 2nd time.
Old 01/22/2010, 14:40   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblhead View Post
your legit account will not be banned, unless caught by there 3rd party system
So i would have to get another computer to bot on, and this computer to play legit ?
Old 02/02/2010, 22:59   #14

I dont think there will be more waves
Old 02/02/2010, 23:34   #15

elite*gold: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by retryNN View Post
I dont think there will be more waves
There will be, when you less expect it... There's alot of botting Going out and they are being caught.

Tags
aion