Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 03:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

MMO-Communities under Attack

Old   #1
Tu fui, ego eris.

elite*gold: 278699
The Black Market: 137/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,292
MMO-Communities under Attack

Hackingscene News - Internetsurfers who are up-to-date concerning gamehacking should already have noticed: At the moment virtual attacks (DDoS-attacks) are being commited increasingly on websites and communities which are preoccupied with the topic gamehacking. Especially affected are sites publishing or commercially selling bots and tools made for NCsoft's MMORPG Aion. Websites are affected comprehensively over the internet, such as elitepvpers. At the moment our technicians are intensely watching over our servers trying to keep interferences to a minimum.

Now you may ask: Who is behind all that? We only can say that there are several suspects but there are no confirmed culprits not to mention proofs of any kind and until now nobody admitted being the responsible. We certainly can say that it is one and the same person or rather group responsible though. We can only assume the motives behind the attacks. Maintainers of the legit-playing scene of MMOs could have wanted to express their protest towards the hackingbusiness which is already booming in Aion so soon after the release. It seems almost more likely that this is about a competitor's fight between bot-seller companies basing on financial matters. Both options are possible but not confirmed and if we find it out or not depends on the background of this fight and who the combatants are. It is doubtful that a bot-seller company will ever admit the participation on these attacks while that group of legit players mentioned above could definitely publish their story. An aspect speaking for the competitor option is the development of the attacks. After the attacks were being directed only at sites selling bots for Aion the wave spreaded towards communities just advertising for those bot-sellers like elitepvpers since bot-seller sites are already up again fully running and having new protection-systems installed.

Another peculiarity is the fact that the attacks, as mentioned above, are mainly directed at sited specialized on Aion but now we notice tendencies of the continuation towards World of Warcraft. Now let's hope the situation won't get out of hands and that the anonymous threat will let us have our peace. We'll keep you up-to-date.

Thanks
9 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,006
Thanks for the news. It's really too bad such things are so easy to do. I was part of a small startup game where we had random DDoS attacks from a banned user for a good 2 months. Over 22,000 IPs were traced during the 2 month period. He was never caught and eventually ceased. Sad, really...

Old   #3

elite*gold: 0
Lol Great News
Old   #4

Received Thanks: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1nk1n*P4rK View Post
Lol Great News
Rofl...Great News? I dont see any. You like it when EPvP is under DDoS Attack?

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0nicl3 View Post
Rofl...Great News? I dont see any. You like it when EPvP is under DDoS Attack?
+1

Anyway I thought DDoS was easy to stop now,with so many companies that are offering DDoS protection.I just googled a bit and found lots of sites.

Back to topic,seems like games are more like a profit gain on the black-market(gold selling,character selling,illegal software selling),which will only reduce the ammount gamers actually enjoying a game.
Hopefully these attacks will be reduced on epvp,since we don`t sell bots right?we crack them
Old   #6

Well that's not cool. However I can see the position of thouse who are trying to hack the forums and the reason and motives why they might do that. We are hacking games so the companies might send somebody to hack us back. War is war.
P.S. How many attacks did elitepvpers already registered?
Old   #7

idk but i dont think any1 will answer
Old   #8

The SBot (for silkroad online) has recently in the last month or so been under attack multible times. Maybe the two are linked? If so then it seems likely it is the "Igamelegit" forum responsible, as they used to play sro and hated bots there before moving to Aion.
Old   #9

almost every wowbot i know of is being attacked by ddoss, its not an aion only phenomena. Mimic comes to mind as being a suspect
Old   #10

It's a Internet version of H1N1. lol
Old   #11

yeah im a mabinogi player strictly. i do some wow on a private server to but not to much. i don't see bots in the WoW server im on but mabinogi theres alot. there annoying none the less. other than that i dont mind the bots but the lag from the spamming lol.

idk though i personaly think that if there are hackers on this site is cause there hired by game company that is being hacked it makes sense. but why hack the site just register then once haveing enough posts or crudentials for the underground for what ever company/game there hired for to get the mods/or hacks and find out how they work in order to patch them.

honestly there the makers of the game should code mods and hacks them selves to figure out how to stop them from even being invented its rather lazy of them not to thats why there are botters and haxors. botting is not as bad in my opinion as haxors altering gameplay is hack just spaming or what ever else is simply a mod and mainly client side based.

i got no problem with mods as long as the game play is not altered. meaning everyone still has the same advantages and disadvantages but there is always that person who wants to push the envelope and get the edge.

its just never ending anyways lol.

anyways a friend sent me some files about a fossil restore bot for mabi but its in korean lol im not even sure how to bot. oh well.

my point is that there are hackers and moders no matter where you look. its just something that is dealt with one user at a time.
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishey07 View Post
It's a Internet version of H1N1. lol
Swine Flu will get you anywhere xD even on the enet
Old   #13

Its very simple to start a DDoS Attack from Internet.
You don't need a dedi Server you simple need a little DDoS Program
and then some Bots.Its realy sad that the most communitys are down.
Old   #14

Thanks for the information. I'm assuming its the legits wanting to take back the game. I mean, I honestly, would be one to do this if I was a legit. I play 2moons, and a few other games, and I'm one of the hackers. But I have a brain and use it.

I think its sad, and to be honest, its partially EPVPers fault. We release information on how to hack, and tutorials. We're creating the ability for those without the knowledge to do it. Think of Lineage 2 with all the bots. What would happen, if say EPVPers stopped releasing information on how to make hacks, and things like that. There would only be a handful of people with the hacks. There would be less hackers, LESS UPDATES to patch the hacks, and more importantly happier legits. But like that'll ever happen :P

I <3 EPVPers as much as I <3 my WBB!
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDKiD View Post
What would happen, if say EPVPers stopped releasing information on how to make hacks, and things like that.
Somebody else would... there's already other places like this