Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 02:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Oculus VR: Acquired by Facebook

Old   #1
elite*gold: 1804
The Black Market: 32/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,600
Oculus VR: Acquired by Facebook

Today, Mark Zuckerberg announced that the US-American company Facebook is going to acquire the brand leader in terms of "Virtual Reality". Two billion US dollar is what the giant social network has spent on the deal. 400 million US dollar will be paid in cash, whilst the rest is going to be in the form of facebook stocks, similar to the way they handled the acquisition of WhatsApp.

The Californian company successfully financed itself on the platform Kickstarter in September 2012. Since then, they were able to achieve several innovative successes within their branch. Zuckerberg also mentioned that they do not plan on influencing the company or the "Rift" project all that drastically, as their focus is lying on the VR headset and its development.

The medium to long-term goal is said to be the use of the technology as a communication method, which allows people to talk to others face to face without having to leave your home.

What's your opinion on the newest acquisition of Facebook, such a short time after the last one?

Original Source:
Attached Thumbnails
Oculus VR: Acquired by Facebook-130807_oculus_rift_brille2_animation_oculus_vr_b.png  

2 Users
Old   #2
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 0/0/0
So, Facebook will be able to spy even oculus rifts?
Good! I know that I won't buy it!
First Whatsapp and then this...
Old   #3
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 4/0/0
I've never heard of Oculus Virtual Rift. I like the idea since they suggested it for gaming, but in social communication..Meh.
Old   #4
on a rough sea

elite*gold: 4870
The Black Market: 133/0/0
Received Thanks: 8,543
I first doubt it, but I definitely think the internet will become a monopoly with Google or Facebook on its top. This is just the beginning. Big fish eat little fish, like in nature.

Old   #5
elite*gold: 135
The Black Market: 42/0/1
That would be awkward ^.^

oculus, vr