Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 22:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

GTA V: Rockstar Games Accused

Old   #1

elite*gold: 55
Received Thanks: 2,558
GTA V: Rockstar Games Accused

Rockstar Games has recently been accused of integrating a life story of two real persons in Grand Theft Auto V without permission. According to that, Karen Gravano, daughter of a mafia boss from New York, demands compensation in the amount of 40 million US dollar from the developers.

In the side mission "Burial", players encounter a character called Antonia Bottino, daughter of a gangster family, who was kidnapped by gangsters. After rescue, she tells of her life which wasn't that easy as her father, Sammy Bottino, right hand of a mafia boss, is supposed to be a murderer. The family and the father, who later helped the authorities, moved to another place because of the problems.
Mafia daughter Karen and her father "Sammy the Bull" are supposed to have the same life story. Because Karen wasn't asked for a permission and wanted to bring her story as a book on the market, her lawyer complains:

"Notwithstanding the fact that plaintiff has the utmost respect for the writers and creators of the Grand Theft Auto V video game…her story is unique and is hers to tell."

Left: Ingame Character | Right: Karen Gravano

Do you see similarities between the ingame character and Karen Gravano? Share your opinion!

Attached Thumbnails
GTA V: Rockstar Games Accused-mob-wives-karen-gravano-antonia-bottino-grand-theft-auto-5.jpg  

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
I also want compensation, they also integrated my life story in game without permission :'(

Old   #3

40 million dollars are you serious this just made my day, first of all it was just a side mission not a whole game with her asking such a ammount of money its ridiculousness funny for 15min of gameplay with her in gta 5
Old   #4

nowadays, people would do ANYTHING to get money off of corporations/companies for the most ridiculous reasons.

Old   #5

murica
Old   #6

Received Thanks: 3,304
He's also a retired Mafia Boss, after a little research. Funnily enough I'm replaying GTA V for the second time on Xbox, the photo shows no similarity IMO, and the story could probably to relate to around 300 odd people around the world, it just happens to be a mafia bosses daughter that accuses them about it lol
Old   #7

All I care abou is a pc release
Old   #8

elite*gold: 834
what? so the law forces u to give money to criminals? LOL
Old   #9

40 milion dollars wowowowoww )
Old   #10

Hehe with 40milions i can live my entire life really smooth and i could even still give 30milions to my grandson and even 3 generations on my family lamao with that ammount of cash
Old   #11

nonsense as hell, i want some money too, im a human being aswell and they put them on the game
Old   #12

She can suck my ****, i'm just saying., if i was rockstar's boss, i would directly flip her the bird., and call her an ugly fat *****.

Tags
gta v