Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 10:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

GTA V: Action against Rockstar dismissed

Old   #1
elite*gold: 1804
The Black Market: 32/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,600
GTA V: Action against Rockstar dismissed

If it were up to the two claimants Bruce McMahon and Christopher Bengtson, the US-American company Rockstar Games acted "unlawful", "unfair" and "fraudulent". Once again the focus is on the online part of the game which has been released worldwide in last September, "Grand Theft Auto V". A lot of criticism had been received for the server crashes and connection issues. According to McMahon and Bengtson, false and misleading advertisement had been made because the launch of the multiplayer mode was not when the game started on September 17, 2013, instead it took them until October 1, 2013.

The complaint refers to the boxing of the game, which guarantees instant access to the online mode of "Grand Theft Auto V" from the claimants point of view. This however is not the opinion of Virginia A. Philips, judge at the US District Court. She decided in favor of Rockstar, as the boxing of the game did not mention a trouble-free or instant launch of the online part. Furthermore, there were comments from the developer which indicate that not every single one of the customers may be able to use all the features of the game.

Now it's your turn! Can you relate to the indignation of the claimants, or do you favor the side of Rockstar and the judge? This complaint was not the first controversial subject "Grand Theft Auto V" had brought up. Amongst others, Lindsay Lohan complained about Rockstar featuring her on a cover of the game without permission.

Attached Thumbnails
GTA V: Action against Rockstar dismissed-withtheirtanksandtheirbombstheydie.png  

4 Users