Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 17:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hearthstone: Closed EU Beta has started!

Discussion on Hearthstone: Closed EU Beta has started! within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Hearthstone: Closed EU Beta has started!

Finally, the closed beta of online trading card game "Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft" opened its gates in Europe! If you have already signed up for the beta, then take a look at your inbox - eventually you were lucky enough to receive a beta-key from Blizzard.

Gamers from the United States were allowed to play this game for quite some time now, whereas the publisher had to take care of some adjustments for Europe. These are finished now and the only thing you will need for the Closed EU beta registration is a Battle.net account. If you are invited, feel free to match up against other gamers in the tactical trading card game. Hearthstone is a F2P game.

You can find some more important and interesting information in Hearthstone's Q&A around the beta phase in Europe below:

Quote:
Here’s a card we’ve been dying to play: the closed beta test for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft has begun in the European region!

During the closed beta test, we’ll be inviting a range of duelers from our opt-in pool (along with folks from press and fansites) to try their hand at Hearthstone and let us know what they think. There’s no NDA during the beta, and we’d love to hear all about your epic victories, watch your live streamed matches, and see screenshots and videos sharing your experiences with the game. Please note that Hearthstone is still in development, and what you see and play in the beta test isn’t necessarily representative of what to expect in the final game.

Want to participate in beta testing Hearthstone? Read on!

How do I opt in to the closed beta test?

Once you’ve set up a Battle.net account, you can choose to opt in to our beta test from the Beta Profile page. You’ll need to download and run the System Check tool to attach your computer’s specifications to your beta profile. Once that’s complete it’s simply a matter of waiting for an invite.

You can also opt in through our website here.

How do I know if I’m selected?

We’ll send you an email letting you know if you’re selected. The email will contain a beta key – just follow the instructions inside to get started.

As always, please be aware of phishing attempts – falsified emails sent by unscrupulous individuals purporting to be from Blizzard, but their real goal is to steal your login credentials. For more information on how to identify these emails, please refer to our Battle.net Security site.

One easy way to ensure your invite is legit is to avoid clicking on links in any invite emails you receive. Instead, just log in to your Battle.net account and add the beta key from your invite email to your account.

How many players do you plan on inviting to the beta test?

The number of players we invite to the Hearthstone beta will be based on our testing needs. During the course of testing we’ll be inviting additional opt-ins as necessary in waves.

Is there an NDA?

There is no NDA for the Hearthstone beta test. Take screenshots, live-stream matches, record movies – whatever your heart desires! Please keep in mind that the game is still a work in progress, and we appreciate your understanding when you encounter bugs, graphical errors, or other issues. Help us create a better game for everyone to enjoy by reporting them here!

How long will the beta test last?

We have not determined an exact date for the end of the beta test. We’ll post a notice when the beta test is nearing completion.

Do I get to keep all my beta cards?

We are planning to wipe all player collections partway through the closed beta. We anticipate needing to rebalance some cards based on the feedback we get in the closed beta, and recognize that players may have made decisions on which cards to disenchant or craft based on information that’s changing. After we’ve completed that wave of balance testing and wiped cards, we do not anticipate needing to reset collections again.

Players who purchased card packs or Arena entry with real money prior to the collection wipe will be credited back with an equivalent amount of gold following the wipe, which can be used to re-purchase packs and/or Arena entry to re-establish their collection. These packs will not contain the same configuration of cards as the packs acquired previous to the collection reset.

What languages are available in the beta?

The Hearthstone beta test is available in all our supported EU languages, which are English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Polish and Brazilian Portuguese.

How do I switch the language of the game?

To change the language of the Hearthstone beta, you’ll need to first uninstall the Hearthstone client. Then simply reinstall the Hearthstone beta from Battle.net, making sure to select the right language on the download page.
Attached Thumbnails
Hearthstone: Closed EU Beta has started!-image.php.jpg  
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/08/2013, 14:33   #2

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,765
Link broken
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/08/2013, 16:02   #3

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon™ View Post
Link broken
Fixed, thanks a lot!
Old 09/09/2013, 16:27   #4

elite*gold: 0
i wish i had a eu key :3
Old 09/09/2013, 21:01   #5

this game looks ridiculous,i wonder why people are getting soo hotheaded about this game,same goes for every crappy game that blizzard makes,there are only 2 good games from blizzard worth mentioning and those are wow and d3,rest no.....and now this card game,like wtf,people think just because its blizzard the game must be awesome...
Old 09/10/2013, 14:27   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter Winter View Post
this game looks ridiculous,i wonder why people are getting soo hotheaded about this game,same goes for every crappy game that blizzard makes,there are only 2 good games from blizzard worth mentioning and those are wow and d3,rest no.....and now this card game,like wtf,people think just because its blizzard the game must be awesome...
You (dis)liking isn't really a prerequisite for it to actually be good, everyone has a different flavor.

Personally, I'd love to try this, it looks like a nice casual game for me to play after work.
Old 09/12/2013, 02:24   #7

Selling Heartstone EU beta key. SKYPE: k.e.p.i
Old 09/13/2013, 06:38   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter Winter View Post
This game is gonna be rly popular. It's relatively easy to get into, but hard to master. It's like LoL.

Also it brings a lot of memories to veteran WoW players.
Old 10/22/2013, 00:52   #9

Haaa, need Heartstone key, searchiiiing
Old 11/19/2013, 14:46   #10

elite*gold: 24
The Black Market: 484/0/0
They never pick me on any Betas. Ty Blizzard
Old 11/29/2013, 09:33   #11

elite*gold: 195
Nice. Now I can quit WoW for a WoW card game. The irony never ceases to amaze me.
Old 01/06/2014, 01:16   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonelivesforever View Post
They never pick me on any Betas. Ty Blizzard
I have all blizzard games and expansions, I asked for the beta since release and here I am waiting, i know that feel

Tags
blizz, hs