Sony's Head - Andrew House - rails again vastly against the concurrence called Microsoft during this year's press conference at gamescom - which opened its gates for regular visitors on Wednesday - although they are present as well. This year, everything is about consoles that are planned to get released this year.
The so called "consoles war" enters the next round. Andrew House, who's General Manager of multibillion company Sony, said proudly at the beginning of their press conference following words while the audience laughed and applauded:
"While others have shifted their message and changed their story, we were consistent in maintaining a message that is fair and in tune with consumer desires."
With these words House - of course - is talking about the new Xbox One, which had several changes in the past few months and which is hardly criticised as well.
Aside from that mockery, Sony has more to offer:
- The release date of the new PlayStation 4 has been announced. According to Sony, it's going to get released worldwide on November 29 and exclusively 2 weeks earlier - on November 15 2013 - for the USA. More information about the different launch-bundles that Sony prepared for Europe is not known, yet. There will be 44 games available at the beginning of its release - amongst others "Call of Duty: Ghost" and "Assassin's Creed 4".
- PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 with 12 GB - which are both rather weak consoles these days - can be purchased for 200€ from now on. There will be so called "Vita packs" for the PlayStation Vita, which consist of 6 up to 10 games for a keen price (Humble Bundle sends its greetings).
- Some advantages of "PlayStation Plus" have been revealed as well. Members are going to get 1 GB more cloud storage. PlayStation Plus is said to strive to save exclusive discounts on PlayStation Store products. This service should give you the chance to experience online gameplay with various gamers in all its glory. Those who have not decided, are free to get a 14-days test version - otherwise a monthly subscription would cost 6,99€.
- The release date of successful "Grand Turismo 6" is set: it's going to get released on December 6 this year.
- Because the new PlayStation is not able to read/accept games of previous consoles, several top-titles are reduced for a certain timespan for those, who have already bought a previous title of a series. Sony is going to announce exact date and time.
- Most PS4-games can be stored on PS Vita and played in another room - using the Vita as a WLAN-device.
A detailed report of Microsoft, EA and Blizzard is going to appear in the next days. Did you watch the press conference? What do you think of Sony's presentation and who's got the lead in the consoles war? PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?