Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 15:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NPD Group: more Statistics on digital Sales

Discussion on NPD Group: more Statistics on digital Sales within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
NPD Group: more Statistics on digital Sales

The NPD Group, which is responsible for marketing research in North America, plans to publicise statistics regarding digitally sold video games. Yet, the company solely concentrated on retail sales - to be precise on box versions of games.

Davic McQuillan - President of Games Group at NPD - has disclosed, that the actual data about numbers of sales is supposed to change perceptibly for video games. That's why NPD Group now tries to consider digital sales as well and not only to rely on hard-disc disposal, whereas their priority is still to keep on statistics about physical products.

Reason for this final decision is the fact, that many games are not bought in stores anymore, but online gaming platforms like Steam or Origin. Thus they noticed, that the market for this area is not transparent enough - "missing transparency could cause damage for the gaming industry" was stated by the NPD Group.

Collections of statistics and its publication shouldn't be limited to North America where they are analysing actively, but rather be observed for the whole world. Meanwhile, already 9 publishers gave they word to cooperate with the company. Planned are statistics on entire games and DLCs for the PC and consoles.

Attached Thumbnails
NPD Group: more Statistics on digital Sales-image.php.jpg  
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/07/2013, 06:04   #2

elite*gold: 0
thanks

Tags
npd group