Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 02:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The War Z receives new name

Discussion on The War Z receives new name within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 101
The War Z receives new name

The game development studio Hammerpoint Interactive publically announced in their official forums that they're about to rename "The War Z" to " Infestation: Survivor Stories". The reasons for this quick change of the name are copyright infringements and potential confusion in relation to a movie called "The World War Z" that has been released in theaters this year. The developers did not mention any explicit information about this recent problem, but it really seems like this sudden change of the name was caused by the aforementioned zombie-movie.

"While we were reluctant to rename the game so long after launch, especially with nearly one million registered players, it was ultimately decided to be in the best interest of our existing community as well as future players in order to eliminate confusion. Please rest assured that this will in no way affect you as players. The only difference you will see is the change in logo and website. There will be no interruption of service or change in content."

What's your opinion on this recent change of name?

Attached Thumbnails
The War Z receives new name-1362123280_the-war-z.jpg  
Thanks
6 Users
Old 06/21/2013, 07:22   #2

elite*gold: 0
Never heared something stupid like that , who cares about the name , they should leave it and try to make a better game .
Old 06/21/2013, 13:21   #3

Good game .
Old 06/22/2013, 17:15   #4

This game is **** anyway. A game that was supposed to be something better than the DayZ mod, but it turned out to be ****.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/24/2013, 18:51   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Erikr View Post
This game is **** anyway. A game that was supposed to be something better than the DayZ mod, but it turned out to be ****.
TRUE
Old 06/25/2013, 21:31   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Erikr View Post
The Game is really good ive played it and realy liked it but when cheaters came to this game it got ruined because every server had atleast 1 cheater
(and yes i have played with cheats too and that is too easy with any kind of shotgun 1shot and dead from 500m -.- + walking true walls that is just nonsence) and that is why i left the game, but i am still looking forward to makeing this game without cheats ect.
Old 06/27/2013, 13:10   #7

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Terrible game, and the new name has just taken the icing off the cake.
Old 06/27/2013, 18:18   #8

Im pry getting game today but the name just isn't really fitting the game it makes it feel more of a documentary it may just be me but that is what it feels like

Tags
copyright, name change, warz