Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Steam Trading Cards

Discussion on Steam Trading Cards within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Steam Trading Cards

A brand new feature has gone live today for Valve's Steam, under the name of Steam Trading Cards. A feature that will bring more to the gamer community, providing rewards for playing games.

If you are a competitive person, this feature will be of your liking as this system comes with a leveling feature, in which every badge you earn over Steam will give you experience (XP) that is used in order to level up. This system is here to provide gamers with non-tradable items which are earned throughout leveling.

These cards are basically virtual goods, which you earn by playing the games that have this feature enabled; currently the list includes:
  • Dota 2
  • Don't Starve
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Half-Life 2
  • Team Fortress 2

Yet, it has been said that the list will keep growing over time.

In this system you can get up to half of these cards as drops through these games, while the others are obtainable through the gaming collection of each user.

There are different rewards that can be gotten through this system, such as emoticons that can be used in the built-in chat, profile backgrounds which allow for further customization of each player profile with an image as background, or even coupons that will unlock DLC content for players' favorite games, or discounts on your purchases.

If you want a chance to be part of the beta of this feature, all you have to do is join the Steam Card Group, which automatically gets you in a queue to get into the beta.
Attached Thumbnails
Steam Trading Cards-03.png  
Thanks
9 Users
Old 05/16/2013, 02:44   #2

elite*gold: 9
The Black Market: 121/0/0
Hab ich vor 2 Stunden bei Steam direkt gesehen, finde die Features sehr Interessant mal schauen wie sich das entwickelt... allein das Auszeichnungen herstellen durch bestimmte Kartensets sehr toll allein dafür werde ich mir Don't Starve besorgen
Old 05/16/2013, 19:12   #3

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
That's an interesting new feature. Too bad, I don't play many competitive games.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/16/2013, 20:44   #4

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
That's an interesting new feature. Too bad, I don't play many competitive games.
I thought the same; yet I have faith in this becoming almost global for all of the Steam games, in which case it will be quite awesome.
Old 05/17/2013, 17:59   #5

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
I thought the same; yet I have faith in this becoming almost global for all of the Steam games, in which case it will be quite awesome.
They will expand the list of games for sure. This is just the beta.

Some of the cards are already being sold for crazy amounts (30€ each) but the price will drop really fast as more people get accepted in the beta.

You can also buy an invite directly from the marketplace for around 0.30 -0.40€
Old 05/17/2013, 18:12   #6

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
It would be nice to have this feature added to co-op games
Old 05/26/2013, 23:58   #7

elite*gold: 1
Already got 3 Backgrounds from Team fortress 2 .

Tags
steam