Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 06:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

DayZ Standalone Version Announced

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,897
DayZ Standalone Version Announced

A standalone version of this zombie mod of Arma II is going to be out, likely, this upcoming December, as announced by Dean Hall, creator of the title.

At today's Eurogamer Expo, Hall has said:

"It has to be out before the end of the year; not just because we've committed to it but in order to achieve what we have to do. It has to be. There's no 'we hope it is'; it has to be . And it's going to be cheap

We have decided that we don't need to sell a heap of units in order for us to be OK with where it's going. The more units we sell of it the more ambitious we get, because the project has the better resources."

During Hall's declarations, he brought up the fact that he wants to launch this standalone version as soon as possible because of the "copycats", bringing to the table the title of The War Z, a game which will be coming to the gaming community in July 2013.

"Maybe they will make a better game -I don't know-, maybe what they are doing is not cool to me, but tghe way I look at it is what are my options? What could I do? I could stand up here and be very critical of anyone who does a clone copy of the game.

What would that actually achieve other than making me look like a ****> It's not going to result in a better game"

So, for all the fans of DayZ, the standalone version is near, approximately, it is stated that the game has 1.2 million players right now, something which might increase when this version is launched.
Attached Thumbnails
DayZ Standalone Version Announced-dayz.jpg  

Thanks
10 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
Can't wait for the DayZ Standalone, if Rocket does it, nothing can go wrong. He knows how to develope a game so I don't think he would add something that would imbalance the game or something like that.

Old   #3

elite*gold: 10
thanks for the news
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro2.0 View Post
Can't wait for the DayZ Standalone
Me too

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

This was refreshing news
Old   #6

the only thing which makes dayz bad is the cheaters^^
Old   #7

elite*gold: 515
Yeah, those cheaters and I have a love and hate relationship... Sometimes, they're nice to me and sometimes... they aren't. Good luck with the stand alone because I used my friend's account to play that game.
Old   #8

Nice nice. Thats some good news. quote n quote on cheaper.
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzyy View Post
the only thing which makes dayz bad is the cheaters^^
Says the hacksite user. Very smart.
Old   #10

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,897
Today, on an interview with VG247 | VG247.com , Dean "Rocket" Hall, the mastermind behind DayZ revealed that there is a potential date for the Alpha release of DayZ standalone, in November.

“I think the most important thing is we deal with hacking, bugs, duping, new content, tidying up some of the features and expanding them a bit [...]I think if we can get that base — by the end of November or December — then that means January and February will be really happy, fun times.”

Tags
dayz, shooter, zombie