Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

The War Z

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,900
The War Z

This game, developed by Hammerpoint Interactive and published by Arktos Entertainment Group, is being really well anticipated by gamers all around the world, due to this being the world's first survival MMO Zombie game.

The plot we will encounter on this game is starting 5 years after a viral outbreak, which ravaged the human population, leaving a ninety-five percent of it completely gone and transformed into undead corpses.

As players, we will be starting on the game with really limited resources, and with the need of finding your way to survive this apocalypse.

The game is a tactical zombie shooter, based on the idea of surviving the apocalypse, and we will find that resources are really limited, getting us to go out and fight zombies -and other players- in order to obtain bullets and so on.

The alpha release of this game was this last April, and firstly was thought on a way in which players would be unlocking areas of the game by doing quests, yet, after the release of Arma II's mod DayZ, the developers decided to change this fact and make it an open world game, for the players to be able to explore the whole game world.

For everyone wondering about the difference between this game and DayZ, this is the response given by Eric Nordin, one of the developers of this game:

"The major difference is that DayZ is a fantastic mod for a hardcore military simulation game, so it is all set in that type of environment. We are creating a standalone game, with the entire world designed around a zombie apocalypse, so that players feel completely immersed in that environment. We want players to see the signs of struggle and destruction from humans fighting with zombies and have that sense of fear and anxiety when they are exploring the world. Additionally, aside from having different characters to play and some other mechanics that we think will really set WarZ apart, the other key difference is that, being a standalone game, it will be much more accessible in terms of being able to buy, download, install, log into a server and play."

According to The War Z website, we can get an idea of this game's features:
  • Big open worlds to explore between 200 to 400 square kilometers
  • Two modes of play: Normal and Hardcore
  • Combination of first-person and third-person perspectives
  • Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player)
  • Strong Role Playing Elements
  • Multiple playable characters with customizable features
  • Unique social elements, including bounties, help requests, trap setting, etc.
  • Safe settlements where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players
  • Dozens of unique skills that can be learned and improved
  • Up to 250 players per game server
  • New weapons and items become available as players explore the game world
  • Full developer support with regularly scheduled, free content updates
  • Dedicated public servers as well as private servers that can be completely self-managed in game client
  • Single purchase, downloadable client with ability to play full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transaction

Attached Thumbnails
The War Z-warz.jpg  

Thanks
16 Users
Old   #2

Regarding the open world of this game, we have been given -by the Executive Producer Sergey Titov- some information regarding the information of the map which was given the codename of "Colorado".

As it has been said, this map has the dimensions of around 160-170 square kilometers of terrain. Sergey Titov has said that this map can be compared -on its dimensions- with DayZ's map Chernarus, except for the ocean.

On the Colorado map, there can be between 130 players without getting to see anyone else in a whole while; while if there are 200 players or more, it can be expected to see some other player every 15 minutes approximately.

This is the first map of the game, but the developers are already working on more maps, which will go for over 150 square kilometers each one.

The original announcement by Sergey Titov can be found here.

Thanks
8 Users
Old   #3

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,160
Thats honestly one of the very few fps that have amazed me in a very long time. I love team based games.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

This one, along with State of Decay are two games that I can't wait to play, the whole experience seem like a must play for every FPS lovers.

Thanks
4 Users
Old   #5

elite*gold: 1
Will there be a consol version ?
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

It hasn't been announced for consoles, just for PC right now, we will need to wait a little bit more to see if there would be any version for Xbox 360 or PS3
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #7

elite*gold: 0
I dont know but for me it looks like a mix of L4D2 and CoD then DayZ..

This can´t beat DayZ in my opinion! But maybe it will be a good game too :P
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

As stated by the developers of this game, they are huge fans of DayZ; yet, what happens with it is that they were already developing from way before DayZ was released, not The War Z (WarZ) is being influenced by DayZ.

For me, I actually prefer, so far, this game than DayZ, yet this is just my personal opinion
Thanks
5 Users
Old   #9

This looks pretty decent, better than dayz I think
Old   #10

elite*gold: 85
Was wird das spiel für eine Systemanforderung haben?
Old   #11

The only information about system requirements provided by the developers is, and I quote:

"If your computer has at least 2GB of RAM, has video card that supports Shader Model 3.0 - then you should be able to play The War Z"
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12

This is a dayz rip-off clearly. The developers says that the game has been in development for atleast a few years but it turned up just after DayZ. It's not hard to do some parts of a game and then highlight it.

DayZ > WarZ no doubt
Old   #13
Sapere aude

elite*gold: 6820
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,840
I haven't seen any gameplay or videos from the "standalone" DayZ game yet but so far I prefer WarZ over the current DayZ Mod for obvious reasons
Thanks
1 User
Old   #14
Superior Genetics.

The Black Market: 144/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Αcid View Post
I haven't seen any gameplay or videos from the "standalone" DayZ game yet but so far I prefer WarZ over the current DayZ Mod for obvious reasons
I have one Gameplay for you

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Αcid View Post
I'm curious how you can prefer a game which you haven't even tried out yet.

It's like going to the store and there's a sign for a new Coca-Cola taste, and you would rate it over the original Coca-Cola but you haven't even tasted it.